Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By JamieS1211
Pixelhouse » 14 Sep 2014 15:44 wrote:
JamieS1211 » 14 Sep 2014 16:07 wrote:
Pixelhouse » 14 Sep 2014 14:07 wrote:Im having this issue aswell is this java for the server we need to downgrade or java for the client/player they need to downgrade?

Make sure your server is on java 7

If one has only access to a multicraft panel, can i still update?
Or is this something my host has to do?

I don't know, I don't use multicrap. Email your host

By shadoowner
JamieS1211 » 14 Sep 2014 19:25 wrote:I don't know, I don't use multicrap. Email your host

Its not multicrap, its actually the most userfriendly ive ever seen for a CP.

And to answer the question, with shared hosting you cant up/downgrade the java version of your server so your host has to do that for you.
There is a good chance of more minecraft servers running on the same box as yours so that may give some trouble when asking for another java version.
By JamieS1211
shadoowner » 14 Sep 2014 20:54 wrote:
JamieS1211 » 14 Sep 2014 19:25 wrote:I don't know, I don't use multicrap. Email your host

And to answer the question, with shared hosting you cant up/downgrade the java version of your server so your host has to do that for you.
There is a good chance of more minecraft servers running on the same box as yours so that may give some trouble when asking for another java version.

User friendly stuff is often simplified. When running a server your ant to see everything, make your own code to regulate your server and everything.
By shadoowner
JamieS1211 » 14 Sep 2014 23:05 wrote:
shadoowner » 14 Sep 2014 20:54 wrote:

User friendly stuff is often simplified. When running a server your ant to see everything, make your own code to regulate your server and everything.

Didnt say it was my favorite way of doing it ;) but for people new to hosting its a very good solution
By JamieS1211
shadoowner » 14 Sep 2014 22:27 wrote:Didnt say it was my favorite way of doing it ;) but for people new to hosting its a very good solution

Still I think learning to control things with the terminal only takes about 10 minutes. All you really need is, apt-get, cd, mkdir, chmod, chown, nano, screen and sh. All your questions are answered on the stack overflow forums if you get stuck.
By Pixelhouse
JamieS1211 » 15 Sep 2014 08:15 wrote:
shadoowner » 14 Sep 2014 22:27 wrote:Didnt say it was my favorite way of doing it ;) but for people new to hosting its a very good solution

Still I think learning to control things with the terminal only takes about 10 minutes. All you really need is, apt-get, cd, mkdir, chmod, chown, nano, screen and sh. All your questions are answered on the stack overflow forums if you get stuck.

While i thank you for the help, i think it's everyones choice what they pick or what not,
you hate multicraft we get it, don't break down other peoples choices.
I for one like multicraft eventhough i can use terminal etc, it's an easy one click installer.

Ontopic: For people who would have this in the future.
The downgrade to java7 worked like a charm we don't get any fatal errors anymore.
Thanks to everyone who helped :).
By clienthax
Pixelhouse wrote:Does anyone know if we can finally update the java version to 1.8 now or do we still have the fatal exception or other errors coming up when java 7 was installed?

with the latest builds you should be fine.
JOIN THE TEAM