Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Pixelhouse
#136906 Do you guys use something to limit Apricorns Trees?
I have yet to experience lagg to them but since they update on ticks i assume, i think
if everyone(and some do) plant entire farms this might end up biting me in the * with lagg someday.

So to prevent it perhaps do you admins/owners do something about this or am i wrong?

By KuroMakai
#136907 All you can really do is ask people not to plant entire plantations of them. Or do the tedious task of visiting farms and controlling them yourself.
By SPG
#136909 I plan on remaking them soon so they don't lag people's clients as much. I would go into vast details on why techne models lag more (what apricorn trees are) but I couldn't be bothered
as for ticks, its no different then having a bunch of plants near your house, or chickens
all the chickens
By Burgy
#136912 You could make a very large public one so that players don't have to make their own.
By Pixelhouse
SPG » 08 Sep 2014 02:11 wrote:I plan on remaking them soon so they don't lag people's clients as much. I would go into vast details on why techne models lag more (what apricorn trees are) but I couldn't be bothered
as for ticks, its no different then having a punch of plants near your house, or chickens
all the chickens

Thanks for the trouble you're putting into it, looking forward to the newer version.

Burgy » 08 Sep 2014 03:57 wrote:You could make a very large public one so that players don't have to make their own.

Players logic don't work that way, they would probably harvest the public one and still plant an entire farm themselves, you would see it no other way lol.
By KuroMakai
Burgy » 07 Sep 2014 20:57 wrote:You could make a very large public one so that players don't have to make their own.

On this note, you can blacklist the apricorns from being planted in the config file of Pixelmon. So make a giant farm and then deny their creation is one way I suppose.
By Burgy
KuroMakai » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:17 pm wrote:
Burgy » 07 Sep 2014 20:57 wrote:You could make a very large public one so that players don't have to make their own.

On this note, you can blacklist the apricorns from being planted in the config file of Pixelmon. So make a giant farm and then deny their creation is one way I suppose.

That totally skipped my mind! Thanks for noting that, haha. So I guess you have a solution now, lol : )
JOIN THE TEAM