Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Pixelhouse
#137046 First of all, i saw the tutorial on safari zone's which was helpfull.
But i'm more interested in giving the users a the real gameboy like versions of safari zone.
Meaning when they enter, they can't throw out their pokémon and can only use pokeballs.
And that was not discussed onthere.

So i'm thinking of creating a safari zone, but i'm thinking of either putting it somewhere in my
server or use bungecoord to connect to a new server with just safari zone in it.
My reasoning for this is that i can change the droprates of the pokemon in server2 to alot higher.
Also lower the Shiny rate. But this is a more expensive way.

So i was wondering if guys could pitch me some ideas on how to do this.

Problems i came across
- I still haven't figured out to dissalow the throwing out of pokemon in worldguard.
- Make certain pokemon spawn more frequently in safari zone, increase shiny rate aswell(pixelmon spawners cant be burried below 1 block for some reason)

Both things i can fix if it's on a new server connected with bungecoord,
but i was hoping perhaps we could have a solution for this on the current server.

Thanks in advance

By Burgy
#137051 Well could you hide spawners in trees? Or use PixelUtilities Grass?

Also, not allowing the throwing out of Pokémon could cause problems because sometimes there is a bug that happens when you try to catch a pokemon by throwing a ball and Forge deleted the entity and you catch nothing. So keep that in mind (Also to disallow Pixelmon spawning in an area do, /region flag (name) mob-spawning deny )

And why can't you place spawners one block below the surface?
By Pixelhouse
Burgy » 11 Sep 2014 04:43 wrote:Well could you hide spawners in trees? Or use PixelUtilities Grass?
And why can't you place spawners one block below the surface?

Spawners in trees sounds like a smart idea. And never mind what i said about spawners it works now,
don't know why it wouldnt work before.
Can we increase shiny rates somehow with spawners?

Yeah i know about the issue, perhaps i have to change it temporarily to allow battling in safari zone.
All i need then is some sort of counter to TP them back out.

Thanks for the tips btw.
By Pixelhouse
Burgy » 11 Sep 2014 13:14 wrote:Anytime. And yeah, you can spawn shinies with the spawners. Lol

And you could either make a Redstone timer or get a plugin for that.
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/simplecountdown/

Thanks for the tip once again, last question though, how does one spawn shinies with the spawner?
And how does rarity work because it's not documented in the wiki.
If i put rarity 10 for charmander and rarity 100 for squirtle will the charmanders spawn 10x more or?
JOIN THE TEAM