Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By KiraTsukasa
#137697 I have an issue where jungle biomes cause massive lag. I don't get this issue in ANY other biome. I do get lag spikes during world generation, which I know is normal, but even that isn't this bad. And it's not so much an issue of it being in render distance, but looking at it. I can have my back turned to a jungle biome and everything is fine, but the second I turn to look at it, it lags to no end. I've tried lowering my graphics settings, but that hasn't helped. The only mod I have running is Pixelmon, and I know that's going to contribute a little bit, but I know that it isn't the root cause. So I guess I'm trying to figure out what is in a jungle biome that could be causing this, and can I disable it?

By SPG
#137701 i assume you're playing on fancy, and because the jungle has a crap load of leaves it makes you lag
By Burgy
KiraTsukasa » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:38 am wrote:I've tried lowering my graphics settings, but that hasn't helped.

I'm going to assume he's not using fancy mode. But that there are just too many Pokémon spawning in the jungle area and his computer can't handle it. Just my two cents
By SPG
Burgy » September 23rd, 2014, 8:24 am wrote:
KiraTsukasa » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:38 am wrote:I've tried lowering my graphics settings, but that hasn't helped.

I'm going to assume he's not using fancy mode. But that there are just too many Pokémon spawning in the jungle area and his computer can't handle it. Just my two cents

I read the entire pst at 6 am i swear
By Isi
SPG » 23 Sep 2014 12:49 wrote:i assume you're playing on fancy, and because the jungle has a crap load of leaves it makes you lag

So wouldn't you just need to up the opacity?
By KiraTsukasa
#137737 I am using fast graphics, and if the number of Pokemon spawned was too high, it would affect every biome, not just jungle biomes. And correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't increasing the opacity increase the lag instead of decreasing it?

If the problem lies with Weedle and Beedrill, how do I disable their spawning for the time being?
By TheGameAce
Isi » 23 Sep 2014 12:04 wrote:
SPG » 23 Sep 2014 12:49 wrote:i assume you're playing on fancy, and because the jungle has a crap load of leaves it makes you lag

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't higher opacity mean you can see through more? That would basically then be even fancier graphics.
By MrMasochism
TheGameAce » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:47 am wrote:
Isi » 23 Sep 2014 12:04 wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't higher opacity mean you can see through more? That would basically then be even fancier graphics.

You are corrected. Opacity is the opposite of transparency
By KiraTsukasa
MrMasochism » 23 Sep 2014 22:31 wrote:You are corrected. Opacity is the opposite of transparency

I knew opacity had something to do with transparency, but it's been a few years since I was doing stuff with Photoshop. But at any rate, there's not much I can do with that since it's already as high as I can make it.

And while I'm on the topic of getting help, another question occurs to me. When placing Pokeloot chests and setting them to be timed, do they not adhere to the pixelmon.cfg settings? I have the default setting to be timed (at 900 second cooldown). All of the naturally spawned chests are rather far from my home location so I haven't checked any of those, but I created a garden outside my home that has a hidden grotto in it that I spawned in and the chest operates properly (doesn't disappear, gives a "please wait until later" message when looting it again) except that it never seems to cooldown. I've waited the 900 seconds and I've waited for several hours and it doesn't let me loot it again.
JOIN THE TEAM