Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By OneCryptickilla
#137976 So I've made a pretty solid competitive team. It's starting to grow weary though. I want to play with multiple teams. My current team is Blissey Metagross Dragonite Infernape Jolteon and Gengar. I want to use a team of different pokemon fulfilling the same roles but I'm having some trouble. I was thinking umbreon for blissey and dragonite for Volcarona (setup sweeper). Anyone have any pokes they would suggest for a team like this?

By Branzy
#137984 Blissey is very good for a SP defensive tank and can hit good with a sp Attack move but it lacks on Defense .
Umbreon is good on both SP defense and Defense but lacks on attack and sp attack .
For ur team i think u can keep blissey .

U dont really need Volcarona to replace Dragonite looks balanced .

So ur Team is :
Blissey :Sp defense Tank
Metagross: bulky physical sweeper
Dragonite: bulky physical sweeper
Infernape:fast physical sweeper
Jolteon:fast special sweeper
Genger:fast special sweeper

It's a great team i my opinion just keep in mind to have different type of moves like :
Infernape: Flare Blitz / Close Combat / U-turn / rock slide
And to have ur enemies weakness like :
Genger : Focus Blast against dark types and dark pulse against ghost and psychic (or sucker punch for priority move)
By Some Body
#137995 Just know what you're getting yourself into with Umbreon, as it's not quite as reliable as Blissey at tanking special attacks and is even more passive than Blissey at offense. It does have a more dependable Defense stat though.

Volcarona is a fine setup sweeper, but it won't play the same way as Dragonite due to different types and worse defenses (and no Multiscale), although Quiver Dance will be raising its Special Defense. Obviously the fact that it's a special sweeper rather than a physical sweeper means that it will be walled and will break through different targets. It is naturally faster and has better STAB options as well.
Branzy » 27 Sep 2014 09:32 wrote:Blissey...can hit good with a sp Attack move

Blissey's Special Attack is enough to use in a pinch with super effective hits, but it's not something to be called "good".
Branzy » 27 Sep 2014 09:32 wrote:Infernape: ...rock slide

Rock Slide isn't great on Infernape as its dual STABs hit the majority of Pokémon harder than a super effective Rock Slide would. If you really want Rock-type coverage, Stone Edge is generally a better option.
Branzy » 27 Sep 2014 09:32 wrote:Genger : ... dark pulse against ghost and psychic (or sucker punch for priority move)

Never use either of these moves on a Gengar. Ghost moves hit the same types super effectively as Dark moves, so an unSTABbed Dark Pulse is completely worthless since you have Shadow Ball. Sucker Punch is also bad because Gengar's Attack is bad and it doesn't really need the priority much.
By OneCryptickilla
#138005 No I know how to run the pokemon I have and that my teams fine, I just wanted to create a 2nd team to play with, so I'm not using the same team over and over again :P
JOIN THE TEAM