Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By ForeverBurning
#139351 Ok, another Question.

On my last poll I asked if I should make a map/remake of firered (I mean the ACTUAL GAME) into minecraft, but people voted that I should make a whole new game.

I thought up a game where you play in the POV of team rocket and slowly build your way up from a grunt.

Now, if you think this is a good idea, please say so. I would really appreciate it if you could give me a better name (cause the name I have really sucks), plot, building, or something that would help me.

If you don't think that that's a good idea please let me know something else (like another name & or plot). That would also be very helpful.

Also, I did post this on the right fourm, right?

But thanks especially if you leave comments that could help me :)

By SnowBlitzz
#139364 So you're going to use NPCs for this? NPCs aren't really that strong though so I suggest making things more challenging by putting in mazes and puzzles to solve before getting to another one.

Team PixelRocket? idk lol.
By ForeverBurning
#139367 SnowBlitzz yes I was thinking of using the npc trainers but customizing them to have certain pokemon, and I was going to use redstone so it knows if you defeated a trainer. Though just asking how is it weak? or were you talking about random pokemon for trainers?
By SnowBlitzz
ForeverBurning wrote:SnowBlitzz yes I was thinking of using the npc trainers but customizing them to have certain pokemon, and I was going to use redstone so it knows if you defeated a trainer. Though just asking how is it weak? or were you talking about random pokemon for trainers?

Yes, I know you can customize the pokemon they have, what moves they get and the levels but you can't customize the nature, iv spread, etc. Which if a player has a fully ev trained pokemon, can beat an NPC's whole team with just one pokemon - which I don't think would make the game challenging. It's like you're sweeping everything. So by making the puzzles and mazes much harder, perhaps it could make up for that.

Redstone? How exactly are you going to do that?
By ForeverBurning
#139374 Hmm... I could actually do something with spawning in actual Pokemon, and setting them up.

I also thought you could edit the Pokemon in trainers ( there levels and moves). I believe I've done that before.

How will I do the redstone? its simple really. Some tping here, pressure plate detection, redstone, and wala! Well, there's a bit more than just that, but I've tried out the system before. I worked. Took some tries though.
By ForeverBurning
SeanC wrote:Why not use the CustomNPC modS? BTW if u done this i hope u HOST this to server :D then it will be fun :D :-D

Sean, I was actually planing to use the customNPC's mod a bit.
By TheMiggyDgz
#139380 Well what I did on my server, which is called PixelRocket actually, is set up the players to be in the villain teams. I know that's not what you want to do, but you can have them all battle each other and have them follow a storyline if that's what you really want.

Just throwing out ideas based on what I'm doing, you don't have to use it. Good luck with what you're doing :)
By ForeverBurning
TheMiggyDgz wrote:Well what I did on my server, which is called PixelRocket actually, is set up the players to be in the villain teams. I know that's not what you want to do, but you can have them all battle each other and have them follow a storyline if that's what you really want.

Just throwing out ideas based on what I'm doing, you don't have to use it. Good luck with what you're doing :)

Thank's Miggy :)
JOIN THE TEAM