Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Silverash00
#140473 So there are a few things i'm not certain about ..first off , on the wiki it says "a ranch block will take into account between 80 and 224 blocks when determining satisfactions" does this mean it only counts the blocks on the same level as the ranch block,or several above/below (If it's the later , how many blocks ) ?Second, i have a Steel ranch with stone and iron bars on it ...it reached it's max stage of satisfaction when i bred 2 Steel types , however when i tried breeding my Skarmory with a Ditto it said that ditto wasn't comfortable in this environment so i started adding some cake to my Steel ranch ,however then it said my Skarmory wasn't comfortable ... and i added some iron blocks ... in the end i ended up with 2 pokemon that liked each other a tiny bit (2nd stage) even though ,according to the value chart, i had well over the required amount for both of them to be at the final stage of satisfaction . So i obviously did something wrong , and my question is how do i get a 2 type ranch that maxes out the satisfaction levels of both types ? Thanks in advance ^^

By DogMiner
#140475 to the blocks one: it allows above and below (if there is an indent or rise it will go up or down with the top block). to the satisfaction one: it will keep saying "[pokemon] is starting to like [pokemon] more and more every day" that means after a few days in mc and there will be red hearts and an egg in the ranch block. if this doesn't work then make sure they r the same egg type on the wiki.
By Silverash00
to the blocks one: it allows above and below (if there is an indent or rise it will go up or down with the top block). to the satisfaction one: it will keep saying "[pokemon] is starting to like [pokemon] more and more every day" that means after a few days in mc and there will be red hearts and an egg in the ranch block. if this doesn't work then make sure they r the same egg type on the wiki

First of all , thanks for responding so quickly .
1: That doesn't really tell me what i wanted to know >_< ..i wanted to know how many blocks up or down will the ranch take into consideration when counting up the satisfaction level in the whole 9x9 radius .
2:Again, not quite there Dx ... I know how the breeding works , what i want to know is how to make a 2 type breeding ranch that will have both pokemon on max satisfaction levels .
But hey , thanks regardless ^_^
By MoeBoy76
#140477 only the topmost block is counted when calculating, so for a 2 type ranch i recommend using the best blocks for each type but 9x9 is likely not enough to give max
By Some Body
Silverash00 wrote:first off , on the wiki it says "a ranch block will take into account between 80 and 224 blocks when determining satisfactions" does this mean it only counts the blocks on the same level as the ranch block,or several above/below (If it's the later , how many blocks ) ?

If you read more carefully, you would have seen the sentence directly after the one you quoted.
Wiki wrote:The topmost block on each coordinate is used to calculate satisfaction

Silverash00 wrote:Topmost as in the same level as the Ranchblocks face (The higher of the two when it "Stands up") or like the sky limit ?

Absolute highest, not related to the ranch block's height.

Silverash00 wrote:what i want to know is how to make a 2 type breeding ranch that will have both pokemon on max satisfaction levels .

Since you now know only the top block matters, that should answer this.
By Some Body
#140483 It's the single highest block per XZ coordinate. In the above image, for all of the blocks that have carrots planted in them, only the carrot would count and not any of the dirt underneath.
JOIN THE TEAM