Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By pstumpel
#140681 I just started playing pixelmon about a week ago and so far I've been addicted :-D
I've made what I think will be my final team but I was just wondering if there were any suggestions of making my current team better or maybe make a change in the team.

So far I have:

Lvl 60 swampert
Lvl 58 snorlax
Lvl 50 salemance
Lvl 50 machamp
Lvl 52 gengar
Lvl 49 rhyperior

Other than leveling them up what do you suggest?

By Some Body
#140684 You have a bit of redundancy with two Ground-type physical attackers, but overall your selection isn't bad. You only have one special attacker but Salamence can run Fire Blast for some physical walls so it's not as big of a deal. As for moves, your post implies that you won't be rebreeding these Pokémon so I'll exclude any egg moves from suggestions.

Swampert
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Ice Beam
-Hammer Arm

Snorlax
-Return/Body Slam
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Wild Charge

Salamence
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Stone Edge/Crunch

Machamp
-Cross Chop/Brick Break
-Stone Edge
-Bulk Up
-Earthquake

Gengar
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Sludge Bomb/Energy Ball

Rhyperior
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Megahorn
-Rock Polish/Hammer Arm
By CrazyQuilman157
#140686 Swampert is more Attack-based, so Ice Beam may not be the best option, considering all of the fully evolved Dragon-types in Pixelmon are weak to Rock moves. You can also switch all of the Stone Edges for Rock Slides, if you prefer higher accuracy and a chance to flinch over higher power and more critical hits. Brick Break would be a good choice if it actually does break through Light Screen and Reflect. And while I wouldn't recommend Fire Blast or Focus Blast, I do not play competitive normally. While movesets can be recommended to you, it is ultimately your decision on what moves your Pokemon have, and which Pokemon are on your team, and your decisions should ultimately be based on your play style, not anyone else's.
By Some Body
CrazyQuilman157 wrote:Swampert is more Attack-based, so Ice Beam may not be the best option, considering all of the fully evolved Dragon-types in Pixelmon are weak to Rock moves.

I'm well aware that Swampert is physical-based, but with a suboptimal nature and a lack of proper EV training, the gap is much smaller and Ice Beam starts having uses. "All fully evolved Dragon-types" is false because Flygon exists.
CrazyQuilman157 wrote:You can also switch all of the Stone Edges for Rock Slides, if you prefer higher accuracy and a chance to flinch over higher power and more critical hits.

Rock Slide' flinch chance is negligible on Pokémon with low speed and the power drop is very noticeable. While it is ultimately up to choice, the significant increase in power is usually worth the 10% accuracy drop.
CrazyQuilman157 wrote:Brick Break would be a good choice if it actually does break through Light Screen and Reflect.

I slashed Brick Break as the second option for a reason. Cross Chop is typically better, but Brick Break does have 100% accuracy and more PP, which can sometimes be preferred for your only STAB move especially if you're using a boosting move.
CrazyQuilman157 wrote:And while I wouldn't recommend Fire Blast or Focus Blast, I do not play competitive normally.

And that shows. Fire Blast on Salamence hits very specific Pokémon such as Scizor and Skarmory that would otherwise wall it. Focus Blast has extremely good type synergy with Shadow Ball, despite the shaky accuracy.
By CrazyQuilman157
#140998 I had a battle with a guy who at one time was the most skilled trainer in the state, before he just stopped going to the competitions. I beat him because Hydro Pump missed on the first turn. Because of how critical it is to land your attacks, I believe that accuracy matters more than power.
By Some Body
#140999 While the lower accuracy will occasionally mess you up, it will even out the more you battle, and there are several cases where the significantly lower power will cause you to miss out on KOs that you would otherwise have gotten. Sometimes, like with many Pokémon that use Focus Blast, there's no other option that gives the great type coverage that Fighting gets, making low accuracy a necessary evil if you want any chance of defeating certain Pokémon.
By CrazyQuilman157
#141186 Earthquake.
By Some Body
#141190 Because special attackers like Gengar and Alakazam are able to use Earthquake, right? And their Attack stats are so good that they can do meaningful with Earthquake even if they could use it, right?
By CrazyQuilman157
#141191 You didn't specify special attackers. :P
You really act too uptight about everything.
JOIN THE TEAM