Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.

By MrMasochism
#142948 But really given you are completely aware of our stance now does that even matter, do you feel you have some weird justification for some reason or are you just trying to make yourself feel better?
By prodkid
#142950 I'm not trying to justify my actions, I want to corporate and come to some sort of agreement to allow me to have this pack . I don't mean to come across ignorant or bratty. I'm sorry if you perceive me this way.. I understand your reasoning of why you don't allow modpacks. I just want you to see the effort I'm putting to see where I'm coming from.
By MrMasochism
#142952 Due to the number of modpacks currentlly running pixelmon our development efforts have had to drop considerably as we can't afford to work at the rate we could when people came to this site for the download. Total downloads across all packs are about the same so it is due to modpacks
By Hiroku
#142954 Wait does that mean I should stop putting so much time in? D:

Anyway, Prod's a mate so I'll give my take on it. We can't allow modpacks including the main since we lose income. The worry is that the packs won't be that used if it doesn't have the main mod. So, I think we should advertise the modpacks in some predominant place on the website if they don't include the main mod. Gives the popularity they want and without the main mod in it.

Seriously though, Prod's a nice guy but he appears to not be that great with being diplomatic lel
By Isi
#142962 If income was that big of a deal, we would have killed off modpacks ages ago.

In any case they're becoming problematic, and if it continues we'll be actively having publicised modpacks removed.

And that's all, nothing else to be said. Locked.
JOIN THE TEAM