Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Dietrech
#143271 I'm planning to make a team based off of baton pass. I thought that I would ask the pixelmon community.
One of my favorite pokemon is Emolga and I'm planning to put one in the team. What other pokemon would be good for the team?
Keep in mind I'm going for a speed sweeper comp. I don't know much about baton pass strategies so help me out :P

By Some Body
#143278 To be perfectly honest, Emolga has very little to pass with Baton Pass; its only boosting moves are Charge and Double Team. It can't even be a useful intermediate step since it can only learn Light Screen and not Reflect, and its bad stats don't do it any favors. There are much better passers out there such as Mew and Scolipede.

Recipients of Baton Pass entirely depend on which stats you decide to pass.
By Dietrech
#143320 I know that Emolga does not have much to offer but like I said it's one of my favorite Pokémon so it's earned a spot. I'm having it be a special attack sweeper with modest nature. It's main attacks are going to be *baton pass, thunderbolt, air slash, agility*

I know that my Emolga sweeper plan will NOT succeed a lot that's why I'm asking for suggestions.

Other Pokémon I'm planning to use are Drifblim & Mr. Mime. I need a back up sweeper in case my combo fails for Emolga or it gets countered.
By Some Body
#143326 Ah yes, missed Agility. That alone might make it remotely usable if you really want to use Emolga. Unless your opponent just lets you set up multiple Nasty Plots with Mr. Mime, it's not going to sweep though.

I'm assuming you're using Drifblim to Baton Pass Minimize and Mr. Mime to take advantage of Soundproof. If you're not, you should.

You don't really have a good recipient yet. Since you already have Mr. Mime to Baton Pass Nasty Plot, some decently fast special attacker (at least enough to possibly take advantage of Emolga's Agility) would help. Other than that, it's rather open-ended.
By Some Body
#143337 Blaziken works much better as a physical attacker. Focus Blast as a Fighting STAB is no good. If you don't like Flare Blitz's recoil or using it as a physical attacker, you might want to consider using a different Pokémon instead.
By Dietrech
#143348 That's quite true. I was looking for a receiver who will be able to learn baton pass also but I guess I'll find one that doesn't learn it. It'll make everything easier for me. Thanks for the suggestions, it helped me a lot.
JOIN THE TEAM