Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By KennyG
#143811 "Ingrain is a Grass-type move that causes the user to restore 116 of its HP each turn. Additionally, the user will not be able to escape or switch out, and attempts by the opponent to make it switch out will not work (Whirlwind, Roar, Circle Throw, Dragon Tail). Baton Pass, U-turn, and Volt Switch will bypass Ingrain and allow the user to switch out."

I trained a Tangela for the express purpose of catching Lugia(safari zone) Restricted to safari balls, I banked on the fight being longer than normal. My first order of business was to find a way to block whirlwind(I had already lost a Lugia due to whirlwind). In pokemon, you have two options: Suction cups(yet to be implemented in pixelmon) or Ingrain,( in pixelmon) and according to the description above, it would appear to be working normally.

However, that's not the case. Ingrain appears to have absolutely no functionality. I was hoping a note could be made on the Ingrain page, stating that it is not working and needs fixing.

thanks.

Also, any methods that I overlooked in preventing whirlwind? I would appreciate it.

By Some Body
#143813 It's not really "needs fixing"; it's more "needs to be implemented". The battle developer hasn't worked on this move just yet. Whirlwind itself does need fixing in a way as it's not supposed to work on Pokémon that are a higher level than the user in wild battles.

There really isn't a way to stop Whirlwind just yet. Other than the methods you mentioned, Taunt would be another way but that hasn't been implemented yet either.
JOIN THE TEAM