Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By MrMasochism
#144292 Hey guys,

My major focus, development-wise at the moment is the integration of pixelmon/pokemon mechanics further into the minecraft experience. IE. finding ways to get pixelmon to help you in your mining/farming etc. There are heaps of ways this could happen and what I was wanting to know is what great ideas are out there...

I'll police the thread reasonably heavily, for it to be useful for me I'll need it to be on topic and also each idea needs to be well thought out (especially with regards to how it will feel in game and the practicability of the idea)

Look forward to hearing from you all,
first off I'll be putting up a post of my new feature (previously leaked)
MrM

You may notice I've deleted a bunch of posts. I'll continue to do so if you don't follow my example.

I'm looking for new ideas not tiny little bits of extensions to my idea, my idea was an example not the only possible option and of course those other moves could do other stuff that is hardly rocket science

By MrMasochism
#144293 External Moves

My idea is to have a list of external moves tied to pokemon attacks and maybe also to abilities and types which will have uses outside of the batting system. Examples are dig (digging holes in the ground), teleport (taking you back to the previously used healer), flamethrower starting fires etc.

These moves will have to be targetted to be useful so i propose hooking in to the existing targetting sytem, maybe with a new keybind and will need a bunch of sprite art so that it is easy to know what it is you are doing. They'll also need variable cooldowns so they are not too powerful

To encourage the levelling/training of these pokemon the power/cooldowns of these moves could be determined by the stats of the pokemon in question.

Best way to select such moves in my opinion will be to have a circle top right with a keybind to cycle through the options of moves and a keybind to activate them on a target
By jetb1ackx
#144306 perhaps you could add a mechanic where water types standing on dry farm land could moisten it or where having a grass type could make plants grow faster like bone meal but to make less op in short bursts
thx for reading :)
By GhostXavier
#144308 Whoops, messed up what part of the post to discuss.

The idea has been brought up a few times in the forum, but would a possible "guard" function be plausible? It wouldn't be an attack an enemy mob option so much as sentry duty. Would be useful for keeping your back covered if you're spelunking and run low on torches. Would.probably be a different keybind or a toggle key if you have a pokemon already released.

Possibly some sort of "search" option done with the reticle another key toggle? I think it's probably be best on a poke with flight if made; it would be used sort of like the eye of ender when thrown, except it would be towards the nearest village (or pokemon center?). The village already has a coded detection system, so would it be possible to code into that for a flying pokemon to fly towards the village and then return to its owner if it reaches a set number of chunks away from the player?
By NicksterMagster
#144317 I would say a simple yet practical one would have some pokemon that would normally emit light such as cyndaquil, lanturn, and charmander, be able to brighten up darkened areas where they are standing. So let's say you are mining and don't have torches your pokemon can help you see. Or if its dark outside the pokemon can let you work without the need of nightvision potions. I hope you like the suggestion.
By MrMasochism
NicksterMagster wrote:I would say a simple yet practical one would have some pokemon that would normally emit light such as cyndaquil, lanturn, and charmander, be able to brighten up darkened areas where they are standing. So let's say you are mining and don't have torches your pokemon can help you see. Or if its dark outside the pokemon can let you work without the need of nightvision potions. I hope you like the suggestion.

Unfortunately this isn't practical as minecraft's engine doesn't handle dynamic lights
By Ravaris
#144392 I for one would like to see passive buffs associated with some Pokemon. Like if you had a Chansey out it would give you a healing buff to you and those around you. This could also be used to give Pokemon that would normally provide "light" a use. Instead of making them glow you can just give the player a "night vision" buff.

Mayhaps certain psychic type Pokemon could "sense" what people and Pokemon are in the area. I would also like to see spider Pokemon being able to make spider webs or interact with them in someway. Perhaps being able to let you climb and move though spider webs normally?

And I know this is a whole other can of wurmple; but I would also like to see Pokemon being able to interact with certain mods. You might decide this is dumb as I might be the only one who plays with more tec mods with my pixelmon but I would like to see Pokemon that can provide power able to generate energy in tec mods like IC 2 and Thermal expansion.
By KumaZone
#144587 Kind of inspired by mods like Little Maids, Thaumcraft Golems, and Alice's Dolls

i'd like to see some sort of incorporation of a pokemonamie-esque mechanic where one would care for a pokemon like a pet, and in addition to raising their happiness levels and also being really cute, it would have use in teaching a pokemon specific "skills" that they could use to help you in usual minecraft gathering duties, such as looking for ores, cutting down trees, farming crops, or delivering things to treasure chests.

however, like those previously mentioned mods, a pokemon would only be able to preform one task at a time and would need to be re-trained if you want them to do something else. and of course, certain pokemon wouldn't be able to do certain things. a digglet wouldn't be able to cut down trees, and a magikarp wouldn't be able to pick flowers, y'know?
By Vikerus
#144589 I think I'll start by referencing the Mypets Plugin.
The main jist for those who have not played with this plugin is that you can tame any mob, train with it while using melee or archery. As you level so does your pet. Your pet also gains Skills from a predefined skill tree which a server owner can customize.

It would be awesome to include a custom skilltree creator like MyPets. But that is a lot of work I would think. What does seem worth pulling over is learning skills as the pokemon levels. This gives an extra dynamic to training up your pokes and could aid in certain map completion schemes. Specifically moves that can remove "Heavy Rocks" or "Trees" should probably be gotten with HMs which do those actions in the games.

Something that might be fun is combination skills, so if you are riding a mamoswine through snow it will clear a path behind you. Or if you dive underwater with certain water types a "pocket" of air will be created around you so you can breathe. The other ideas where pokemon would pickup and store items are great too. Giving the pokemon more utility uses will add a lot of gameplay diversity I should think. So that is where my vote would go for further integrating pixelmon into minecraft.

A note about the flamethrower idea though, make it so it goes out on its own.

Another fun idea would be to play with the natural villager spawns so they have pixelmon item trades using a 'pixelmon' currency. Gaining the currency could be as easy as defeating trainers and reverse trading items to villagers.

If you want to have some start to real endgame in singleplayer perhaps work on a spawn schematic with a few random houses that replace the default spawn point.

What if there is a machine that index's the players who are online in a server by their teams average level and displays a list with best match results for battling others in realtime? It could even just be an extra tab in the pokedex.

Or how about you could send commands to your pokemon which make them track items/pokemon/players/ores down for you as you follow. To make this one more fun add a learning mechanic. This would make it so you have to introduce the thing you want the pokemon to find before it can in the future with commands.
I.E: ( /pokescent player <name>) then opens up ( /poketrack player <name>) thus making your pokemon lead you to the player if he or she is online. Same with items, ect.
JOIN THE TEAM