Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By FrancoSanchez
#144659 Hey guys! I'm a new server owner with a brand new server, and I'm looking to really offer an excellent user experience. That being said, one of the areas that the server is currently lacking in is it's vote rewards. However, I'm having trouble with a few key-points.

1) Selecting a good Vote Listener. I'm having a hard time understanding the formatting that goes into a vote-listener. Currently I'm using SimpleVoteListener, but I'm having trouble configuring it to do much of anything aside from giving money. Especially in regards to what I would need to input specifically for giving Pixelmon specific rewards (RC's, Balls, TM's, etc).

2) How to include Pokemon in my vote rewards. I'm not entirely sure how I'd want to implement it, but I've considered providing Pokemon as vote rewards. Though, again, I'm not familiar with how I'd configure that.

3) A pool of Vote rewards. I'd like to offer some more valuable things, but I don't want to diminish their value by simply giving them for EVERY vote. That's why it'd be nice to have a pool of different rewards that is drawn from. That way I can include things like shinies, MB's, etc. Again, not sure how to configure for it.

4) Non-obnoxious notifications. When someone votes, I don't want the server to have to deal with a bunch of notifications that someone voted. Probably the simplest configuration, but again not one I'm terribly familiar with.

Basically, I'm looking for a recommendation for a Vote Listener that works well with Pixelmon, allowing for the above potential configurations. If I can manage it with my current, that would be fantastic as well. Also, I'm looking for help with the configurations aspects as well. So if someone with enough knowledge of the subject could provide some examples that I could learn from, that would be incredibly helpful. I'm going to include my current configuration for SVL.

"
# Sends private message to the voting player.
private-message: '&eThanks for voting!'

# Sends public broadcast to server.
public-message: '&e%name% voted!'

# Commands to be performed only if the player is offline, without the slash.
offline-commands:
- 'broadcast &e%name% voted!'
# Commands to be performed if the player voted offline and joins the server.
login-commands:
- 'give %name% 4487 3 '
- 'give %name% 4136 5 '
- 'money give %name% 1000'

# Commands to be performed only if the player is online.
online-commands:
- 'give %name% 4487 3 '
- 'give %name% 4136 5 '
- 'money give %name% 1000'

# Commands to be performed after a given amount of time.
# Separate command from time using ';' and define the time
# using 'h' (hour), 'm' (minute), 's' (second). Exclude the slash
# in front of the command unless the command requires another slash.
timed-commands:
- 'group set %name% user;24h'
- 'spawn %user%'
# Note: Stopping or reloading the server will execute the timed commands.
"

Anyways, I look forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks for the help in advance!

By FrancoSanchez
#144678 I definitely like it. However, I've done some configuring but it's not responding to a fakevote. Would you mind eyeballing this config and telling me if you see what's wrong?

"
settings:
onlineonly: true
luckyvote: true
permvote: false
cumulative: false
broadcastqueue: false
broadcastrecent: false
broadcastoffline: false
votecommand: true
rewardcommand: false
joinmessage: true
voteremind: true
remindseconds: 600
ratelimit: 10
logfile: false
dbMode: 'sqlite'
dbFile: 'GAL.db'
dbHost: 'localhost'
dbPort: 3306
dbUser: 'root'
dbPass: ''
dbName: 'GAL'
dbPrefix: ''

services:
default:
broadcast: '{GREEN}{username} {GOLD}has voted!
playermessage: '{GREEN}Thanks for voting for {AQUA}The Original Legends!'
commands:
- '/give {username} 4136 5'
- '/give {username} 4487 2'
- '/pay {username} 500
MC-Index:
broadcast: '{GREEN}{username} {GOLD}has voted!
playermessage: '{GREEN}Thanks for voting for {AQUA}The Original Legends!'
commands:
- '/give {username} 4136 5'
- '/give {username} 4487 2'
- '/pay {username} 500

luckyvotes:
'40':
broadcast: '{GREEN}{username} {GOLD}was lucky and received a {Blue} Master Ball {GOLD} and an {GREEN}extra $500!'
playermessage: '{GREEN}You were lucky lucky and received a {Blue} Master Ball {GOLD} and an {GREEN}extra $500!'
commands:
- '/pay {username} 500'
- '/give {username} 4137 1'
'100':
broadcast: '{GREEN}{username} {GOLD}was super lucky and received a {Blue} Shiny Charmander {GOLD} and an {GREEN}extra $500!'
playermessage: '{GREEN}You were super lucky and received a {Blue} Shiny Charmander {GOLD} and an {GREEN}extra $500!'
commands:
- '/pay {username} 500'
- '/pokegive {username} Charmander lvl5 s'
'100':
broadcast: '{GREEN}{username} {GOLD}was super lucky and received a {Blue} Shiny Mudkip {GOLD} and an {GREEN}extra $500!'
playermessage: '{GREEN}You were super lucky and received a {Blue} Shiny Charmander {GOLD} and an {GREEN}extra $500!'
commands:
- '/pay {username} 500'
- '/pokegive {username} mudkip lvl5 s'
'100':
broadcast: '{GREEN}{username} {GOLD}was super lucky and received a {Blue} Shiny Turtwig {GOLD} and an {GREEN}extra $500!'
playermessage: '{GREEN}You were super lucky and received a {Blue} Shiny Turtwig {GOLD} and an {GREEN}extra $500!'
commands:
- '/pay {username} 500'
- '/pokegive {username} turtwig lvl5 s'

votemessage:
- '{GOLD}-----------------------------------------------------'
- 'Vote for us every day for base rewards,and chance for Master Balls or shiny pokemon!'
- '{AQUA}You currently have {GREEN}{votes} Votes'

remindmessage:
- 'You have not voted recently, don't miss out on great rewards!'
- '{AQUA}You currently have {GREEN}{votes} Votes'

joinmessage:
- 'Vote for us every day for base rewards,and chance for Master Balls or shiny pokemon!'
"
By Pixelhouse
#144688 If you want to test your fakevote correctly do /fakevote site and then the lucky number.
For example for item one it would be /fakevote site 40 if i'm not mistaken.
If it does not run the commands then there's indeed something wrong.
By FrancoSanchez
#144695 I've managed to configure it properly for a base reward. However, something is going wrong when I'm inputting the lucky vote rewards... Not only is the lucky rewards not working, but my base rewards stop as well.
JOIN THE TEAM