Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By MaximusLi
#145026 Hello.

This is more of a hypothetical question than anything else. I would just like to see a discussion on the topic: Can Pixelmon moves be implemented into the game so that they can be used outside battle?

This question originally came to me when I erroneously thought the Eevee evolution rock was meant to be breakable or movable by Rock Smash or Strength, and later formed itself into a question when I visited the Nether only to be greeted by Ghasts and other horrible things. During my Nether experience, I found myself thinking how bad the Ghasts would get it had my Charizard been able to fight them.

Now I started thinking if it's even possible to make the Pixelmon more... "Interactive" with the Minecraft world. If say, my Abra could teleport me back to the last bed I slept in/last Pokecenter I visited, if my Dugtrio could dig me out of a mine I dug and got lost in, if my Graveler could help me create said mine to get lost in with Rock Smash, if my Victreebel could Cut down a thick tree in front of me, if I could have my Drowzee use Flash instead of relying on torches... If my Charizard could Fireblast my enemies/a thick jungle to burn it down, if my Blastoise could use Hydro Pump to "shoot" a block of water over the tall hill over there so I could use it as an elevator. Etc, etc.

Would something like that be possible? I started thinking that maybe utilizing features in other mods (like some sort of excavator, or a teleportation mod), or repurposing assets from the vanilla game to fit intended moves (such as in Charizard's Flamethrower/Fireblast case by making those moves into Ghast breaths, Strength could be a piston) it could be done... But what do you, the person reading this, think about this? Would something like the things I'm thinking of be realistic, let alone possible?

By MaximusLi
#145034 Actually no, I have not :-D

The last time I visited this site, before this week, was before the summer. Nonetheless that is good to hear.

I gather we can't talk about it now, since it's under development? Would have been interesting to hear some ideas being flung back and forth :-)
JOIN THE TEAM