Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By ArcZeus
#147101 Hi everyone, apologises first of all if I am posting this in the wrong area, its mostly pointed towards staff but anyone can answer if you have one!.

I just opened up my Pixelmon server after my team have been working on a adventure style region (kanto), now, we plan to incooporate a 'wild' area which is a free to roam/catch/build area outside of the map, because we want to do this we have had to use worldguard regions to change flags in our regions - on top of this we want to experience to be right ie legit custom spawnings, so my question is, is there a way to turn off random pixelmon spawning in a specificed part of a map so that I can use only pixelmon spawner blocks to spawn the correct pokemon?

We currently have a system set up now which works, but it filled with bugs and glitches that the staff have to fix on a constant basis, and a solution for this would be being able to turn off random pixelmon spawning in a specified area, or having a biome that does not spawn pokemon (Not Sky or Hell Biome)

Thanks in Advance.

By ArcZeus
#147118 ESparkles, unfortunately that does not work.

Using worldguard the flag is mob-spawning deny. however this also causes Pixelmon Spawner blocks to stop working. Having mob-spawning on deny also causes trainers (spawned in from using the trainer editor tool) to become glitched within battle.
By eSparkles
#147119 To be honest, i'm not really sure what you're asking for.
So you want a wild area outside of your map which spawns random pokemons, and also to be able to stop random spawning in a certain area with spawners?.

I don't really think that's possible, using worldguard with the mob-deny flag will disable any mob spawning within the area inclusive of pokemons from spawners as well. Thus, what i recommend is, disable pokemons from spawning in the config file. Afterwards, you don't have to use worldguard to set any flags. Just use spawners, and include all the pokemons you wish to have in it, you said you wanted random. Although it'll take a bit of time, just include all the pokemons inside a spawner and widen the spawn area. This'll work.
By ArcZeus
#147124 Thanks esparkles

So you want a wild area outside of your map which spawns random pokemons, and also to be able to stop random spawning in a certain area with spawners?.

This is exactly what I want, however the way you've described would work, it is near impossible because of the size of my wild area map.

I have come up with a little fixthough, using the spawn of psyduck side mod i could config a biome not to spawn any pokemon randomly then set my regions to that biome... would this work?

Thanks.
By Some Body
ArcZeus wrote:a biome that does not spawn pokemon (Not Sky or Hell Biome)

Hell/Sky were acknowledged, but they have a side effect of causing beds to explode, which I would assume is a reason that the original poster does not want to use them.
By JamieS1211
#147152 If you don't want to set the areas with custom spawning to hell / sky you could sacrifice a biome that all pokemon that normally spawn there also spawn somewhere else. I would suggest sacrificing the Swampland biome as all pokemon that spawn there also spawn in Swampland M. If you edit the database so that no pokemon spawn in your sacrificed biome and then set the biome in your custom spawning area all to this biome. In the main (free) world it will have a very small impact but allow you to do what you want as no pokemon would then spawn randomly in your customised area.
By ArcZeus
#147171 Thanks Mr.M, Some Body, and JamieS1211

Sky and Hell biomes both have side effects which include no weather or dry grass.

Ultimately, I downloaded the spawn of psyduck side mod and changed the configuration of Birch forest so that none of the pokemon would spawn, and instead, I could use spawn blocks to do my custom spawning. All I have to do now, is go around the entire map and make sure there are no large areas of birch forest as these wont have any spawns in them in the wild area.

Thanks for the help.
JOIN THE TEAM