Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By 0PercentNoob
#149229 Hello. I am new to pixelmon forums, and I would like to introduce myself. I started pixelmon recently, and I play on a pretty populated server. I have created a mew farm, but I need help on how to make it better. So I cleared at a 20x18 area or so in the jungle hills biome, and I placed jungle leaves on the floor. What I am thinking of doing, is stack up. So I will be placing a cobblestone layer above the one on land 15 blocks up, and leaves over it, if Mew decides to spawn on the top. I will keep doing it until block limit. Then, the same thing down to bedrock. I feel like the middle layer needs 3 layers of leaves. I will make a big ring around it, a kind of walking area. It will have 5 blocks of room. It will also have ladders down the each of the layers. There will be no glass, just slabs everywhere. I don't think pokemon spawn through glass, even if you look at the layers. Now if it says a legendary has spawned I will have a rail transportation system carrying me in in a corkscrew fashion around the farm. Would this be productive? Since mew can be turned into either three dittos, or three mewtwos, I think it would be good for breeding (because of the dittos) and getting good pokemon, and selling them on the server. Is this a good idea? I will also clear out the entire jungle hills biome. It is pretty small, so it wont take much work. It is like a 100x80 or so. If this works out, I have a plan to make two more of them. It seems like a lot of work, but me and my friends can get it done in time. If you did not understand my rail transport thing, it is a minecart riding a rail in the outer ring in a corkscrew pattern up and down. This will make the spawns much more productive. A piston or a water path will work, but the minecrart seems the better way. Any ideas or help? They are appreciated! Thanks.

By Jephon
#153324 I know this is like 2 months old but this is to all the future people who read this topic and attempt to do the same. If you are on a survival server, just build you a house and a town in the jungle. Put in time and work and go slow. As you spend time within that biome, more than likely you will encounter a mew, if not multiples.

In other words, enjoy minecraft, enjoy pixelmon and let the legendaries come to you.

This way you can be productive AND get some amazing pokemon.
JOIN THE TEAM