Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By SilencerNate
#150570 Hello,
I recently came across the Pixelmon mod via a Let's Play. Being a minecrafter since beta, and having played Pokemon when I was a kid, it seemed like a perfect match.
I downloaded the most recent versions, and tested it in single player for an hour or two, and decided it definitely would be worth playing a few months/years, so I came here to find a server to join.

However, I was very disappointed to find that basically every server on the list were play to win. I use that term carefully as I understand the negative implications it has. Almost every thread has a place to "donate" towards the costs of maintaining a server.
Lets be clear though. A donation is a donation. You get nothing back except the acknowledgement that you helped support a server you enjoy playing on. Rank, level, item, shiny, or other packs that are given to you for your "donation" is not a donation at all, its a payment. A payment for virtual items.

I understand that servers cost money, and as a former server host myself, I accept that its generally a thankless job. However, its not something I want to support.

So, my ranting done, I am looking for a server that does not have a cash shop, and players earn everything in game.
Preferably a server with a lowered EXP modifier to make leveling pokemon much slower.
If its a server that has restarted or just started within the last 3 months, that's a huge plus.
Mature crowd would be nice. I don't swear in chat, but as a 31 year old, I don't censor myself in comms. (if that's a problem, I'm fine with staying off comms or going to my own room).
I will be bringing 1 friend for sure (age 42), and if the server goes well, would gladly help recruit new people via my network of player I know play minecraft.

By SPG
#150571 good luck finding a server that doesnt give you something for donating you'll need it
most people wont "donate" unless they get some reward for it. Your best bet is to look for a server where the things that you buy are 100% possible to get as a normal player ( a lot of servers do points now and everyone can get them for free to get things in the donation shop)
that aside...good luck...i mean that
By Userman
#150574 mc.limitlessmc.net

We are the first server that upgraded to the latest pixelmon version (minecraft 1.8 and pixelmon 4.0.1).
We re-opened just 2 days ago and we are lacking most of the plugins, we just have the basic /home and spawn protection, we are waiting for https://www.spongepowered.org/ to release a stable version and get back as we used to be.

Donations are optional and we try to keep the server balanced since we don't like pay-to-win servers either (actually right now donations-for-items are suspended due to the fact that we don't have the plugin to automate the requests).

We used to average 50 players online most of the times and we hope to get back to that number pretty soon.

PS: i understand the pixelmon staff not supporting us since we are a cracked server and if they so decide i'll remove my links.
By SPG
SilencerNate wrote:Can you define what you mean by a "cracked" server? As in, players did not purchase minecraft?

correct
By SPG
SilencerNate wrote:So if this is not something that exists, perhaps its something I can create. I've run vanilla servers for years. What type of problems or difficulties will I run into with hosting a Pixelmon server?

funding it will be your only issue since most players dont donate just to donate
By TheGameAce
#150830 Yeah... People typically donate because they get something in return. I know that ruins the point of the term "donation" and is more "purchasing", but unless you have a job or something that pays well enough that you can live off of it, and at the same time pay for your server, that's just one of many things to deal with...
There's also bugs with some Pixelmon releases that you'll have to deal with, getting good staff, getting players that are like you and want to literally earn everything and have no perks for even a small "donation". (Heck, it's hard to even get donations when you give the players stuff...) Vanilla servers are far different than plugins and modded too. Plugins and mods you've gotta work the configs, permissions, etc...
It's honestly a pain, especially if you don't know what you're doing.
By krohn67
#150837 You could always try morningsun. although we aren't in the latest version of pixelmon we will soon be updating but this server is a great experience for anyone wanting to be apart of a friendly community and while it does have a store where you can purchase ranks and pokemon you are able to play just fine without having to donate. go to morningsunserver.com to get more info.
JOIN THE TEAM