Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By TheRedMajora
#153638 Is there someway that a fellow modder can make his own Pokéballs, Held Items, Moves and other?

I really want to make some new and special Pokéballs for my server!

By MrMasochism
#153705 Part of the point of pixelmon is that each server doesn't have custom content. We found that in the past we just ended up with massive wars with servers each having custom code and none of that code making it into the main mod so that a heap of effort was going into stuff that wasn't helping the mod at all. In fact it was harming the mod
By Some Body
#153754 You apply to be on the dev team if you want to make a sidemod.
By TheRedMajora
MrMasochism wrote:Part of the point of pixelmon is that each server doesn't have custom content. We found that in the past we just ended up with massive wars with servers each having custom code and none of that code making it into the main mod so that a heap of effort was going into stuff that wasn't helping the mod at all. In fact it was harming the mod

But this is not for a big server, it's for a private 3 man server with some of my irl friends...
Lan party, ya know.
By prodkid
MrMasochism wrote:Part of the point of pixelmon is that each server doesn't have custom content. We found that in the past we just ended up with massive wars with servers each having custom code and none of that code making it into the main mod so that a heap of effort was going into stuff that wasn't helping the mod at all. In fact it was harming the mod

I understand how it be irritating to see custom code being only implemented on servers and not on main mod, but that's been the current state of servers for minecraft for a while now; not just pixelmon. Having custom content drives more players to try out your server. I don't think competition is necessary bad neither. It creates higher standards of the overall environment of servers. It benefits the player by allowing unique and creative servers/communities to blossom. Maybe if there was a way to publicly modify pixelmon such as the api, there will be a flow of more side mods being developed for the general public.
By TheRedMajora
prodkid wrote:

I understand how it be irritating to see custom code being only implemented on servers and not on main mod, but that's been the current state of servers for minecraft for a while now; not just pixelmon. Having custom content drives more players to try out your server. I don't think competition is necessary bad neither. It creates higher standards of the overall environment of servers. It benefits the player by allowing unique and creative servers/communities to blossom. Maybe if there was a way to publicly modify pixelmon such as the api, there will be a flow of more side mods being developed for the general public.

Give this guy a cookie! :D
JOIN THE TEAM