Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By redstoneminion
#154710 I know this not be the best way to approach one of the mod-writers, but I cant find an e-mail anywhere on the site. Anyway, I am interested in making mods. I know you do not release the whole code for reasons, but I would like something else. This mod is the ONLY mod that I have seen that has a "class" (or character, or Pokemon) selection when you first open up a world. I have been trying to create a similar system in another mod I am making where you pick a class once for every world, but for the life of me I can not make a GUI pop up when a user first loads up their world!

I know you don't want to release the source code, but maybe just a snippet or a quick explanation about what you did? Could you please help a noob out?

By MrMasochism
#154714 I just do a call from the server on player login (via forge event) which opens up a gui. Well I send a packet anyway, the packet opens the gui but also sets a variable client side which will force the gui to open if it hasn't been completed (in case another mod tries to step in or forge screws something up).

That helpful or you need more detail?
By redstoneminion
#154767 Thanks, that helps me know where to put it in my code

But when I look at documentation for opening the gui (EntityPlayerObject.openGui()), it looks like I have to plug in a set of coordinates. I would guess these are originally for plugging in the coordinates of a TileEntity, but what do you use when there is no specific block?
By MrMasochism
#154805 The x,y,z aren't coordinates, they are just 3 ints that you can send. They can be any ints and sometimes I use them to send information about what the gui is doing like the pokemon or trainer id
By redstoneminion
#154835 Thank you, that makes a lot more sense! I thought there HAD to be a tile entity on those three coords, so I did something that tried to get the first tile entity in World.listedtileentitys! I guess I can just plug in 0, 0, 0 if there is no information I want to give.
Thanks again!
JOIN THE TEAM