Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By yoru-san
#157546 Hello all!
So i have a small private server that ran on cauldron before. I decided to update because my most favourite pokemon was added, yay =D
Since there is no cauldron support for minecraft 1.8 (at least i did not find anything) I installed the standart forge server and started a new world. I noticed it has performance issues and found that my CPU has a very high usage. I have an Intel i5-3550 and while the server and nothing else is running all cores use between 75% and 95% of their capacity. This causes the server to "lag" if players are on. I assigned 3GB of ram to the server but it does not even use 1 GB so its definitly the CPU.
My old server that ran on cauldron and pixelmon 3.3.8 ran with 0%-5% CPU usage only!

Are the performance issues caused by minecraft 1.8? (There were couple of optimizations and fixes up to 1.8.7)
Or does cauldron have such better performance compared to standart forge server?

Anyone got a tip for me which server to use? ( I dont necessarily need plugins)

JOIN THE TEAM