Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.

By KyoSohma
#158230 Sponge may be out and servers would be more than happy to update, however the answer to your question is that the servers are not updating due to the lack of plugins that go along with sponge. Many servers use world edit and world guard which don't even have dev build out for sponge, however I have seen several places that world edit has a team working on sponge support, but it will take some time.
By MoeBoy76
#158238 The main issues are: grief protection and shops. The Inventory API is on Sponge's priority list and should be done in the next month or two, this solve the shop problem but server owners still need grief protection, so far i haven't tested to see if Pore works enough to have world guard work
By DJ3STR
#158281 Actually.. Coming from a 1.8 pixelmon server owner.. There are more than just the plugins that I believe are holding people back.. I've seen multiple servers having issue with a server crash that's been happening consistently. io.netty errors kick players from the game and won't allow them back in until the server restarts. I'm not sure if this is a problem with forge or the latest pixelmon versions, but it seems to be happening server wide.
By Jay113355
#158291 I run a medium sized 1.8 /4.0 Pixelmon server myself, i think its more of the stability issues that bug me and my players the most. But not having land protection mods like WorldGuard(for server land) and GreifPrevetion(player claims) has also played a big part.
Also not having a block logging plugin.. by far the scariest thing to go without. There are also tons of battle bugs currently in pixelmon 4.0.6.

I think the crashing problems are getting fixed in the next pixelmon version though, so that's good.

And this happens every minecraft/forge version, some mod makers/server owners just stay in more stable versions of forge and mods, it will pass over soon.

Jay113355
By Some Body
#158292 I can name a grand total of two significant battle bugs in 4.0.6, one related to fleeing and the other related to multiturn moves missing. If there are really "tons" of intrusive battle bugs as you say, you need to report them or they won't get fixed.
By iFimbulvinter
#158322 The main issue why every server isn't wanting to update is because a lot of us have been running Bukkit based servers, like Cauldron, which have been stable for a long time and have an established plugin service which has been well updated.

The other issue is, Sponge itself is in open development and is missing a fair few features that plugin developers need, as well as being (while very understandable) a new API that requires different calls than Bukkit plugins do, although Pore is certainly something that servers who want to update might want to watch as it develops.

Basically, many plugins can't be done yet and these are plugins that a lot of servers have used to establish themselves. Forge mod equivalent are few and far between for 1.8, the only thing that we all love that I know for sure is on 1.8 is WorldGuard. But hey, I'm intending to update my server anyways, so if it goes well then at least I can recommend a few of the more helpful plugins.
JOIN THE TEAM