Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By TrainerKoga
#159098 So I play other games on Steam and they've made modding easy for people like me, though I do believe my rig is no slouch. My PC has 12Gb Ram a Quad Core that can be a Hexa Core (so it said) and my Graphics card is an Radeon R7 370 Series so I can pretty much play all my games on Max settings usually.

So to get to my point, I just updated my minecraft an went in search of the latest videos to download this, I got Etons video from a few months back. Since that time it would seem they updated further an the directions I followed watching his video seemingly have worked on my minecraft except I know my minecraft shouldn't be sluggish. When I punched I see him swinging his fist in like 4 different clip animations. For some reason , somewhere I messed up or something I need downloaded but don't? Can someone please explain with more current instructions on how to play this?

By KSin
#159099 Which Pixelmon version are you running? I'll go over 1.8.

1.8 Pixelmon installation guide | Show
>On a Fresh MineCraft install, open the launcher, create a new profile, name it whatever you like, under "Version Selection" click the dropdown box next to "Use version", find "release 1.8", save the profile, now on the dropdown on the bottom left side of the launcher select the newly created profile, make sure it says "Ready to download & play Minecraft 1.8" on the bottom right side of the launcher, click the Play button, once you get to the main menu close MineCraft.

>Download the recommended Forge version for the Pixelmon version, it's a clickable link on the Downloads page. For some reason it just refreshes the page for me, if it does that for you right click the link and open it in a new tab. You should be redirected to a page with a timer counting down, wait for it to finish then click the red skip button.

>After it's done downloading launch "forge-1.8-11.14.3.1450-installer.jar", click ok, when it finishes it should say it successfully installed the client profile and grabbed 11(this number could be different, as long as it's not 0 it's fine) required libraries, click ok.

>Launch MineCraft, on the bottom left of the launcher, click the dropdown and select the Forge profile, click Play, once the main menu appears close MineCraft.

>Open a program called Run or just use the start menu search on W7, type %appdata% then press Enter, go in the folder called .minecraft, then the mods folder.

>Download Pixelmon, drag "Pixelmon-1.8-4.0.6-universal.jar" into the mods folder.

>Launch MineCraft, Click Play.

>Done.

*To verify Pixelmon has been successfully installed, create a new world and play it, you should get a menu requesting your choice of starter.

However, it does kind of sound like you're lagging. Pixelmon is a large mod, you can give more RAM to Minecraft to fix this. To do this:

Allocate more RAM | Show
>Launch MineCraft, on the bottom left of the launcher click the edit profile button, make sure you have the Forge profile selected.

>Under "Java Settings (Advanced)", check the box next to "JVM Arguments", remove everything in the field that becomes available and paste this there: -Xmx2G

>Save the profile, click play.

>Done.

That should fix it, you can add as much RAM as you like I think, but I've heard you shouldn't add more than half your total RAM. 2G's should be enough to run Pixelmon though. If you're trying to run a 1.7.10 version, it's basically the same in the guide, just using 1.7.10 instead of 1.8.
By TrainerKoga
#159100 I will check this out in a few, I have to run out for a bit an do some things, but once I get back to try this I shall let you know how this goes and I do want to thank you for taking the time to post this guide and other possible fix. I do remember having my friend tell me I could put more ram aside for this but just didnt know how. So again thanks, and will definetly let you know how it goes.
JOIN THE TEAM