Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By IaeyanElyuex
#159541 I have tried this with the past two 4.0.x versions. I set up the server, it throws a couple errors at me, I /fml confirm them both, then stuff turns into other stuff when I get on my world.

The first error and what I did.

The second error and what I did.

An image of one of the results: Aluminium ore turning into red sandstone stairs.

These slime blocks were healing machines. Strangely, I had another healing machine I placed somewhere and it had just disappeared.

All of those TMs were aluminium ingots. The sashes and mail were Quick Balls and Ultra Balls. Not sure what the Eviolite was.

Also, a lot of the Pixelmon items had turned into the new TMs, and the first 50 or so TMs had turned into badges. Most Pokéballs turned into mail.

I'm just making sure I'm updating my server correctly.

By JamieS1211
#159546 This is completely normal. What has happened is that your item and block IDs have changed during the update. This could be because you updated from a very old server or removed a mod that added in blocks. If you still have the original files make sure all the same mods that were used are being used, that may help.
By MoeBoy76
#159549 i personally get around this issue by loading the world up on a client when updating and it generally has no problems compared to the server not reading the level.dat properly
By IaeyanElyuex
JamieS1211 wrote:This is completely normal. What has happened is that your item and block IDs have changed during the update. This could be because you updated from a very old server or removed a mod that added in blocks. If you still have the original files make sure all the same mods that were used are being used, that may help.

I am updating from 3.4.0 to 4.0.7. Is that a bad thing? I didn't have any other mods that added anything. I had Voxelmap, NBTEdit and one other mod that doesn't add anything. What should I update to first to stop this from happening? I hope I can fix my server. I want mah Absol!
By IaeyanElyuex
MoeBoy76 wrote:i personally get around this issue by loading the world up on a client when updating and it generally has no problems compared to the server not reading the level.dat properly

I'll try that when I get back from my day at college.
By clienthax
IaeyanElyuex wrote:
JamieS1211 wrote:This is completely normal. What has happened is that your item and block IDs have changed during the update. This could be because you updated from a very old server or removed a mod that added in blocks. If you still have the original files make sure all the same mods that were used are being used, that may help.

I am updating from 3.4.0 to 4.0.7. Is that a bad thing? I didn't have any other mods that added anything. I had Voxelmap, NBTEdit and one other mod that doesn't add anything. What should I update to first to stop this from happening? I hope I can fix my server. I want mah Absol!

Any issues with this can be taken directly to the forge and their inability to fix the freking remapping process.
By IaeyanElyuex
#159654 Yeah, I just tried loading it in singleplayer. It didn't help. Now all the pixelmon items are changed and the blocks and entities look like many jumbled together. Like, a trading machine looked like 6 trading machines stuck together.
JOIN THE TEAM