Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By ATEMVEGETA
#160029 Is it possible within the config file to create a new Pokemon category, like Water, Land, Underground and Air Pokemon? Then add certain Pokemon in that category.

For example, lets say I want to make a category of "Legendary Pokemon" and add there all the Legendary Pokemon.

So not only have this in pixelmon.cfg:
# Sets odds of Legendary spawning (1 in X spawns). Higher values spawn wild Legendaries less often.
I:"Legendary spawn rate"=22000

..but have also this:
# Sets max number of legendary Pokemon in world at a time (higher numbers = more spawns).
I:"Max number of legendary Pokemon (at one time)"=1

I want this because I don't want certain legendaries spawn with the other pokemon category mechanics (like Lugia spawn as an Air Pokemon). I want all the legendaries spawn with their own Pokemon category.

Is that possible?

By JamieS1211
#160030 Not exactly. The legendayrs use by default a different spawning mechanic. You can tinker in individual spawn rates and biomes with spawn of psyduck (side mod) or editing the database but can't at this time cap the total legendayrs alive at one time.
By ATEMVEGETA
#160035 They may use their or "spawn mechanics" but they share the same limiters with the other Pokemon categories, making some legendaries 1000 times harder than other legendaries to spawn, with Rayquaza being to the top.

I have already pointed out this issue but it seems like Pixelmon moders are ignoring me, so I am trying to find a way to fix it myself in my server. I want to make each legendary spawn at the same rate as every other legendary. That's why I want to make this extra Pokemon category, so the legendaries will seperate from the other limiters and use their own.
By JamieS1211
#160036 What you are experiencing is spawning distribution not on rarity but on sample areas. For example rayquaza will have the same spawn chance if its parameters are all met however based on its parameters being met infrequently its chance of spawning are also decreased.

You can't make another category without significant alterations to the code. To fix this however for your preferences there will be a few solutions I can think of but if you do some thinking yourself after looking at the database to see what tools you have available you may be able to come up with other better solutions for you.

Solution 1 - Allow all legendarys the same triggers | Show
Allow every legendary to spawn in every biome and for equal amounts of time. So day, night, dawn and dusk. You will then be able to make a post to your server website explaining to your players that you have slightly different spawning rules to normal and explain it in full. Then if one legendary can spawn any can spawn. In other words every legendary will hold parameters to spawn that are equally likely to be met.

Solution 2 - A messy value editing. Please note this will take a huge amount of time and be extremely difficult, and you will need to know how to use databases. | Show
First normalise the spawning in each biome so excluding legendarys for each biome the pokemon can spawn there have their raritys add to 9,999 (your desired chance for a legendary to spawn subtract legendarys to spawn in biome).

Then set all the legendary's spawn chances to 1. This will then spawn legendary pokemon in the same way as normal pokemon. You can then tweak the raritys slightly so if a legendary can only spawn 50% of the time due to time of day set its rarity to 2 instead of 1 and then check that the biome has raritys adding to 10,000 or the desired legendary spawn rate.

Then make sure no legendarys are set to spawn air persistent.

Should be good to go.

Let me know if both solutions are clear and you understand what to do. Hope this helps you out.
By ATEMVEGETA
#160044 Exactly! It's not that Rayquaza is "harder to spawn" by default than other legendaries. It's other facts that makes him harder to spawn in the wild, like the "2 Air Pokemon per time in the world" limit, and the only Dawn/Dusk spawn time limit.

About those solutions, the first one I think it destroyes the core of the game. I don't want for example to see a Selebi above a Desert biome! xD
The second solution looks very interesting (if i understood it correctly). You mean to set the legendaries spawn with the same mechanics a normal Pokemon for example? Like set Groudon spawn in a Desert Hills biome the same way a Camerupt would spawn, but with much more higher spawning rate? This though would not notify you with the "A legendary has spawned in a ____ biome." message, right?
By JamieS1211
#160050 Yes, if you stop a pokemon from using the legendary spawn system it won't say the "A legendary has spawned in a ____ biome." but you do open up the ability to fix the other few things. Or you could continue to use the legendary spawning system but in the database change rayquaza from a flying persistent to just flying and it would partially sort out your issue.

Here you can see all pokemon with rarity -1 (Using legendary spawn system) and rayquaza is 249 pixelmon ID (not same as any other ID).

Here you can see with pixelmon ID of 249 (rayqaza) (spawn location id of 143) spawns air persistant. If you were to change that to just air then you would sort out part of your issue.
By ATEMVEGETA
#160062 I see! So, even if I simply change it from "Air Persistent" to "Air", without making spawn as a Normal Pokemon it would still do the trick. That way Rayquaza will use the "50-per-time limit of land Pokemon" instead of the "2-per-time limit of air Pokemon", since air pokemon use the "land Pokemon limiter"; thus increase that way Rayquaza's spawning chances.

Btw, that way, Rayquaza wont be flying in the air if spawned as an air pokemon. It will hop up and down as other air Pokemon do (like Pidgeys and Starlies) wich kinda suck, but nvm. :P

Thanks a lot for your help! It was really usefull!
By JamieS1211
#160063 I think the rayquaza will more likely just spawn low and then fly up and away. It won't fix the issue completely as you will still have other factors affecting the final rate but it will or should drastically help.
JOIN THE TEAM