Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Phanatos
#163157 Okay, as a relatively new server trying to compete with previously established servers, we're walking a thin line. Obviously trying to maintain ethics, our server is curved to compete with the larger servers but I'm noticing there are things a lot of other servers do that I just don't want to do or am willing to do.

For example, on quite a few of the server listing forum pages, a very set number of staff on those servers are posting new reviews on every new page of theirs so the post is constantly being bumped. Obviously by the forum rules this is allowed, but isn't that kind of dirty? I mean, I'm getting the feeling these aren't honest reviews but just shameless self promotion, which is cool to a degree but it almost seems deceptive. Like, I think its fine if you try to promote regular players to post reviews on your post or check out your post but having staff members bump it just doesn't sit right with me. I don't know, maybe I'm the only one who has this view, what are your thoughts on this, community?

Another thing which I know is a big pet peeve of mine but may or may not bother other people is offering competitive edges in donation stores such as ev, iv, nature, or hidden ability pokemon. These are some of the areas I personally draw a line at for servers. Where do you guys draw your lines? What dirty tricks do you see servers doing from time to time?

(Also, to anyone who is feeling insulted by the first comment about "shameless self promoting," if I was wrong in my assumption I'd love to here your perspectives as well ^_^)

JOIN THE TEAM