Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Traveler247
#163376 I caught a female Shelgon with overcoat, which is it's hidden ability. I bred it under the impression that a Bagon offspring would have a chance of having it's hidden ability. That never happened. Out of curiosity, I evolved the Shelgon into a Salamence, but the Salamence had overcoat. I don't think this is supposed to happen, but I might have done something wrong. So my question is: how can I get a Salamence with moxie, and what happened?

By Shadowkirby
Traveler247 wrote:I caught a female Shelgon with overcoat, which is it's hidden ability. I bred it under the impression that a Bagon offspring would have a chance of having it's hidden ability. That never happened. Out of curiosity, I evolved the Shelgon into a Salamence, but the Salamence had overcoat. I don't think this is supposed to happen, but I might have done something wrong. So my question is: how can I get a Salamence with moxie, and what happened?

You can't get a HA (Hidden ability) Bagon from eggs, because it's HA doesn't exist yet in 3.4. The thing where Shelgon evolved into Salamence without Moxie is just a display bug. Restart minecraft or relog and it should say Moxie.
JOIN THE TEAM