Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By imaapseudonym
MrMasochism wrote:If you can send me an exact run-down on how you want a grief protection and prism plug-in to run I could look at coding them

Thank you so much for the offer.
tbh, the only thing I know to say is how they do now on 1.7.10 but I know that's not what you are looking for.

Griefprevention works so that a player can use a tool (Golden shovel in this instance) to select two opposing corners. This imo is important.

Some similar plugins use chat commands to do the same but then one has to memorize those commands and then creates a larger learning curve than necessary. For a new player (Thinking of our younger, impatient players), they really want to just hop in and play.

Inside those opposing corners, anyone who is not /trust -ed cannot modify any blocks or item frames or mobs.

Another key feature in griefprevention is the abilty to subdivide claims. A player can claim an entire city and then select a house within that city so that it is a mini claim within a claim. Purpose? To /trust a player to just that house.

You do not need that last feature as one can individually claim each house and it would serve a similar function. The downside to that is it would leave the roads and other features of a city/town unclaimed or be difficult to claim later.

Usually with griefprevention, players start out with 100 claim blocks and earn 50 claim blocks (as an example) each hour/day played on the server.

----

Prism.

This may be best just to point you to their website. http://discover-prism.com/

tbh, both are large projects within themselves and porting these plugins or doing something similar would probably be a good bit of work. Which is probably why we haven't seen them yet.

I know grief prevention is nearing completion based on what prodkid says. I would guess that's the easier of the two to be ported.

But anywho. That's what I would look in for each.
I think if I had those two.. And... while I don't think I would ever see it happen, groupmanager come over with a good chat plugin.. (I know there is Pex but.. I'm stuck in my ways.) I would be more than happy to move.

Hopefully Sponge will be more ready soon..

By Pippa
#163988 Thank you for this thread. I'm about to set up a new Pixelmon 1.8 server too, and I've been scanning Sponge for its readiness. No, it's too early to set up with people coming on; the complaints of problems can be too much to handle. I've tested ForgeEssentials; she's a bit shaky too! And as someone said here, it's not fully up to date. I like the suggestions put forward here. I"ve been testing some of these in a different kind of server, not Pixelmon, and LandDefender is terrificly simple; players stand on a chunk and do /claim. You can set limits and prices if you want. And they can add friends; but that's all they can do. I find it terrific to prevent questions about how to claim. We need WorldGuard badly, but I use /gamerule DoFireTick false to help me. I found an alternative for teleportation mod called SpawnCommands, which uses /ta rather than /tpa, and allows /spawn etc. And another called PerfectSpawn to be able to set an exact spawn location. But I've found it very hard to get mods for server management. This has been a bit of a shock, coming from the Spigot world to that of Forge. Thank you for this thread and I'll keep an eye on more suggestions that come.
To add, my main problem is permissions plugin/mod. PermissionsForge has a warning that it's in Alpha and should not be used in production. Oh well, mine's an embryonic server so I guess I will take the risk; I HAVE to have permissions. I prefer Group Manager also, but this apparently resembles PEX. Nonetheless, I'll try it, but if someone can suggest another permissions mod or Sponge plugin for perms, I'd love to hear it. I'm going to risk Sponge... I can see it's the future.
By imaapseudonym
#163991 I definitely suggest you to push forward if you can! Please update us as you use the plugins. Tell us what works and what doesn't work well.

The end goal of course is for us all to be there with you. The more we share info on proper substitutes and usable plugins, the more of us will come.
By nickshaul97
#164010 TBH developers that charge for custom plugins will charge more for sponge since there is less of them. This means that servers running sponge have to spend more to get custom plugin content. More cost means more money required by donations. Therefore sponge needs to get their act together in releasing solid consist builds so that devs can start learning on sponge. But also maybe servers need to come together and contribute in on a project that allows spigot and bukkit plugins to work on sponge. Like a transfer over plugin. Yes the cost will be high but combining effort from multiple servers to make it free for everyone will offer so much support for the community and devs can continue to code plugins that can work for both sponge and spigot so that server owners do not have to get 2 of the same plugin to work across different platforms. I would be all on board for this as a server owner but I would need others to contribute and hopefully we dont get a big fight of whose better or what. Just a calm working together for a better cause solution. I have test servers that could potentially run a solution but just let me know what you guys think.
By Pippa
#164690 I agree with you fully, nick. I am happy to do as you suggest, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by the project. Let me know how you envisage it. I'll try to help. I'm happy to test things out on some spare servers. I'll set up our 1.8 pixelmon onto sponge soon; had to find a Java 8 host first; that was annoying. Then I'll start testing all the plugins I can. What I lack is enough support staff. And when you are testing things, you get complaints to deal with; they don't like rollbacks, especially! Might not open it to public, just keep it whitelist for staff to begin with. I'm happy to pay for custom plugins and share with you, if that's what you mean by working together, and save costs, although I'd not like to cheat devs out of their payments for their efforts. I have test servers too; where are yours based? Mine are hosted in west-coast US with hosthorde, another couple with Fragnet also west coast, and some with OMGSERV in Canada. The Fragnet is the Java 8, so I'll test the latest Pixelmon on it.
By imaapseudonym
#164705 There is a project exactly like that called Pore which has now merged with the Lapis Blue project: http://lapis.blue/

There is so much work to be done on that project still that it isn't even its alpha phase. It isn't considered functional. Still, the project already exists and work is already being put towards that area too.
By Pippa
imaapseudonym wrote:I definitely suggest you to push forward if you can! Please update us as you use the plugins. Tell us what works and what doesn't work well.

The end goal of course is for us all to be there with you. The more we share info on proper substitutes and usable plugins, the more of us will come.

Sure, imaapseudonym, shall do. I can report so far that PEX as ported on Sponge is working well. So far, Core is fine as well as its addons; I've yet to test the zone creation.
Votifier is available and working ok. As is Worldedit mod and NEI. I'm having no luck at all with Trainer Commands; all the other 1.8 sidemods are fine. I've tried reloading and dumping world and reloading; no dice. I'll keep trying. It can't find the npcs.
By Pippa
#164738 Yep, no good. She crashes the server every time. Sorry, I refer to objects as he and she. Anyway, I'll see what I can find out about that as far as Trainer commands and Sponge; something's wrong there. No problem for all other side mods.
By MoeBoy76
Pippa wrote:Yep, no good. She crashes the server every time. Sorry, I refer to objects as he and she. Anyway, I'll see what I can find out about that as far as Trainer commands and Sponge; something's wrong there. No problem for all other side mods.

make sure you are using the correct version of TrainerCommands for your Pixelmon version, i currently have the latest build (soon to be on the CDN for download) which works on 4.0.8+
JOIN THE TEAM