Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By bhoqure
#163645 Ok so I am currently trying to upgrade from 1.7 server to 1.8 server and it is saying that pixelmon requires java 1.8 when i start the server. The thing is i have java 1.8 installed. I ran the server without any mods and it worked. Once i add pixelmon it gives me that message stating i need java 1.8 even though i already have it.

I am running on a mac. I can run pixelmon on client side but when it comes to server side its saying i don't have java 1.8.

If i could get some help it would be much appreciated

By bhoqure
#163666 I figured it out. I had to install java 8 jdk not the normal one you download. Although my game is lagging a lot more while updating this to 1.8 than it did in 1.7. All the same settings and fewer mods and I'm skipping frames like mad every 10 seconds or so
By MrMasochism
#163677 With minecraft 1.8, minecraft requires more memory to run smoothly on your client. Try giving it 2GB. You'll find that it runs far more smoothly than in 1.7 if you give it sufficient memory however as there have been some big improvements to the rendering code. The downside to those imrpovements is the increased requirement on memory
JOIN THE TEAM