Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By ozm8
#164803 I want to start a pixelmon server and im wondering if they get many players? I had a pixelmon server ages ago but forgot if they do, also is there a way to convert a normal server to a pixelmon server?

By ImASelfishGhost
ozm8 wrote:I want to start a pixelmon server and im wondering if they get many players? I had a pixelmon server ages ago but forgot if they do, also is there a way to convert a normal server to a pixelmon server?

Servers get all forms of players, it's keeping them that is the hard part. You have to figure out what makes your server different from the rest and what your community wants. Keep your community happy and they will bring more players and your server will grow.
By Jephon
#164820 It's also about where you promote. How active you are and who you bring in as staff.

I've had servers with 30-50 players on at a time. That was around 2 years ago and the general server population has expanded and the number of players per server has decreased.

Right now I'm seeing around 20 at a time as a max/goal.
By Mosapotayis
#164825 It honestly depends on what you consider as 'many' players, the amount is different depending on what concept you have on your server and what you do for it that makes it special. For example if you were to make a server with more competetive battling aspects with weekly maybe even daily tournaments, you'd get players who would log on often but perhaps not play for too long.
By urbymine
#164826 relative to what pixelmon used get average on a server 2 years ago, it's not that much.
a lot of servers have been opened since, dividing the player base considerably, if i were you i wouldn'd do it unless you're adamant about creating something amazing for the sake of the community.
By Grmpixelmon
#164865 Pixelmon server in general get less players than vanilla servers
Let say someone finds your server on a voting website.
They know nothing about pixelmon or think its just a plugin
They copy the ip and try to join, only to find out that they cant join without the mod and forge
That player would then have to be the effort to download the mod and forge
but most people are lazy
By Jay113355
#164869 On PIxelmon 3.0 i used to get around 40 -60 players every day. But ever since i switched to 4.0 the player count has been around 20. I think its because most server owners are staying with the 3.0 versions :/ so the players are too. If you want to run a server i would suggest going with the 4.0 versions though. It will help push everyone to the new versions.

And yes you can convert a 'normal server' to a pixelmon one. but it depends on your definition of 'normal'.
JOIN THE TEAM