Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By bblondia
#165837 Hi Everyone,
I apologize in advance if this is a redundant question that has been posted but I need some install help...
My son is obsessed with this Pixelmon mod (all he watches on YouTube) but he has only has had Minecraft on the PS3 in the past. For Christmas we are putting Minecraft and the Pixelmon mod on the PC but I am having issues with one step of the install guide. It has to do with allocating more RAM to the game so it doesn't stutter. I have already loaded Minecraft and the Pixelmon mod (forge engine etc) and the game starts ok but once in the game you can barely move around... Here is the part from the install guide (http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?t ... stallation) that I am struggling with...

"Make sure that you have at least 1 GB of RAM allocated to Minecraft. To check this, go to your profile settings and look for the "-Xmx" argument in the JVM arguments box. If the number following the argument is "512M", change it to "1G"; if not, you already have enough memory allocated."

As I have never made any changes like this can someone please help me step by step.. Myself, and my son (on Chrtistmas morning) will be eternally grateful.,. Cheers everyone!

By MrMasochism
#165839 If you are running on windows then using the launcher makes this really simple. Are you running windows?
By MrMasochism
#165841 Then I recommend using the Pixelmon Launcher:
http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?t ... n_Launcher
There's a slider in it's settings which lets you adjust memory usage but it also tries to auto-detect and increase default memory usage by itself so you probably won't even need to adjust it. Installing is also just a 1 button click
By bblondia
#165845 Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately it didn't fix my lag problem... :-(
I checked the gear in the Pixelmon launcher and it says there is 1200MB assigned to the game but when I am in game it just lags. I launched the game from the launcher and have only the base Pixelmon mod isntalled. If I move the cursor in any direction there is a delay of several seconds then it snaps to the new position... Is there something I should be checking to fix this? Thanks for your help btw!
By Some Body
#165846 If that's the maximum amount of memory you can allocate, you may have a 32-bit system, meaning that you may be limited in the amount of memory you can allocate to an application. This would only be solvable by upgrading your system.
By bblondia
#165850 OMG!! I think I give up... Ugh... So I am running Windows 8.1 on this computer.. All my internet browsers are 32 bit (for some reason 64 bit internet explorer is not pre-installed).... When looking at the Java site it seems to be downloading the 32 bit version of Java when I have a 64 bit system which is limiting the amount of RAM I can assign to the game... But I can't seem to get the 64 bit version of java to install... I tried to update IE to use the 64 bit system (which I think should help with Java install) and it says it is incompatible with Windows 8.1...
I'm not sure what to do next... It is a fairly robust system (16GB RAM, i5 -4670 3.40GhZ, GeForce GTX 780) so I think I should be able to run this game.... Sorry for being so inept and thanks for the continued support...
By MrMasochism
#165853 Are you running a 32-bit version of windows 8.1? If you right click on my computer and click properties it should tell you on the first screen that pops up
JOIN THE TEAM