Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By jgwhitley
#166467 Hey guys a dad new to this here. Trying to add Pixelmon for my kid. Did the latest download form this site. Loaded the Jar into mods folder. Opened MC and its says mod needs to run with MC 1.8.8. Appreciate any direction on this.

By Scrotty
#166518 Was thinking...perhaps it should update? I spoke with someone about Netty and they said it should've been fixed in existing (latest) or upcoming versions and when they asked server owners (latest version of MC) they say they haven't had issues with it. Unless you guys were already going to update and just waiting for 1.9. Forge has also been releasing 1.8.9 versions recently as well.
By proskillswill
#166539 I'm in a similar boat (also a clueless dad trying to get this working for my son). I've tried to go through all the steps (Java updates, Forge downloads / installs, Pixelmon downloads, etc.).

I've downloaded and installed multiple Forge versions to try to get the latest Pixelmon to work. I changed his profile to the Forge versions (1.8.9, 1.8.8, 1.8, etc.) and each time I either get a crash or I get a message saying "pixelmon wants Minecraft 1.8,1.8". I can't find a combination of the Forge and the Pixelmon download that work. And what is "1.8,1.8?" I don't see a Forge version that matches that.

What am I missing? Do I need to set his profile to a different Forge? Or am I doing this all wrong? If I don't set to a Forge at all, we don't see any way to find the mods in the standard minecraft menus, so the comment above about "use minecraft 1.8" doesn't make sense either.

Thanks in advance.
By Isi
#166540 Sounds like you're just not going through the installation steps properly. Use the Pixelmon launcher from the downloads page. Install it and create a new profile there. It will give you to-do steps as you go.
JOIN THE TEAM