Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Lucasjuhas
#166856 Without Pixelmon,I play in extreme view with more then 150fps and it never go down,but with pixelmon,I have 80-90fps in far view,and when I use pixelmon,the shaders do'nt work correctly,the entities have no shadow. I just entered in a world I created with pixelmon 4.1.3,in far view,and it is already using 2gb of ram! And I jsut entered! Normal minecraft uses only 500mb-1gb max,this mod is reall needing a optimization,please!

By MoeBoy76
#166866 ^^
Vanilla 1.8 uses 2x the RAM of previous versions, Pixelmon for 1.8 uses maybe 10MB more and that's only due to having more models and textures
To optimise your experience you can use VBOs (1.8 video setting), switch to low-res textures via the config or use optifine and tweak things (it also allows for shaders with the latest)
By Lucasjuhas
#166872 I use Optfine HD G9,I play completely fine in 200fps without pixelmon mod,shaders work perfectly,and no lag spikes,and never use more then 2gb of ram,never! With Pixelmon mod,my fps fall to 50-60,20fps with shaders mod,the entities lose the shadows and just starting the world already "eat" 2gb of ram
By clienthax
Lucasjuhas wrote:I use Optfine HD G9,I play completely fine in 200fps without pixelmon mod,shaders work perfectly,and no lag spikes,and never use more then 2gb of ram,never! With Pixelmon mod,my fps fall to 50-60,20fps with shaders mod,the entities lose the shadows and just starting the world already "eat" 2gb of ram

The shaders mod is a hack to put it nicely, optifine breaks a bunch of shit with rendering, and if you wasn't playing on a potato you wouldnt have any fps issues with our models at all. look at the size of the mod + resources before you complain about ram usage.
By Lucasjuhas
#166882 Oh yeah! My potato with 8gb of ram,an AMD-A10 7700K 3.5ghz and a GTX-750 that support GTA V in mediun with 30fps locked and a bunch of mods.
By MoeBoy76
Lucasjuhas wrote:Oh yeah! My potato with 8gb of ram,an AMD-A10 7700K 3.5ghz and a GTX-750 that support GTA V in mediun with 30fps locked and a bunch of mods.

have you noticed that the mod is the size of an average modpack (it's 200MB btw)? and have you noticed that there are over 300 individual entities? then we have around the same amount of items and blocks?
that's a total of over 600 textures that are all loaded at once (by Minecraft) and when you spawn/load a world Minecraft spawns in lots of Pixelmon as well as loading chunks
By Lucasjuhas
#166887 Look,I think u guys aren't understanding it correctly. Im nto saying "Hurr durr this mod is the worst! Make my game lag compeltely! It should be removed! hurr durr!" Im just requesting a optimization,because the fps I lsoe is really much! C'mon,150-120fps to 90-60fps is a really big change! I can't believe "some" new entitites in the world cause this FPS lose. The RAM problem do'nt happen anymore,I don't know what happened before,but now it only uses 1,5gb of Ram,1,8gb in max. But the FPS lose keep here,and the entities without shadows too,I really don't know whats happening
By MoeBoy76
Lucasjuhas wrote:But the FPS lose keep here,and the entities without shadows too,I really don't know whats happening

Shadows is likely an Optifine or Shaders problem

FPS could be any number of things, most likely a TileEntity (or many TEs) that you have nearby but we keep improving the code and reducing performance reductions
By MrMasochism
#166889 It's also extremely unfair to compare us to minecraft, our rendering is far more complex than anything they do at any point. Minecraft's render engine is ridiculously unoptimised as they are not wanting to render anything more than a box. It means we have had to make a huge number of optimisations to get this working as well as it is at all. I have a few more tricks I'm sure we'll add as we go. Make sure you have VBO's turned on in the minecraft options. It makes a huge difference if your graphics card supports it
JOIN THE TEAM