Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By ComuGames
#168613 Hail!
First I want to apologize for my English.
I need help, in Pixelmon guide on the Adaptability ability, I found the following text:
"Adaptability is a Ability that increases the same-type attack bonus (STAB) multiplier from 1.5× to 2×"

Do I must take the attack damage and multiply twice?
For example, a Bug attack has 2x efficiency in Night type, Do I do so?:
2 x 1,5 x 2 = 6x of efficiency using Adaptability?

Thanks,
ComuGames

By Some Body
#168614 Adaptability has nothing to do with type matchups. It modifies the STAB multiplier, which is a multiplier that takes effect when a Pokémon uses a move that is the same type as one of the user Pokémon's types. With this, the 2x multiplier is not tacked on after the 1.5x STAB multiplier, but rather the 1.5x multiplier is replaced by the 2x multiplier.

While no Bug-type Pokémon in Pixelmon have Adaptability, a super effective STAB Bug-type move with Adaptability would do 2 * 2 = 4x damage to a Dark-type Pokémon.
By ComuGames
#168615 To confirm that I understand.
If a Beedrill (Bug) use a bug attack in Sableye (Dark and Ghost) we have the formula:
2x (bug attack at Dark) x 1,5 STAB = (2 x 1,5) = 3
1/2x (bug attack at Ghost) x 1,5 STAB = (1/2 x 1,5) = 0,75
Final: 3 x 0,75 = 2,25 efficiency

Using Adaptability:
2x (bug attack at Dark) x 2 STAB = (2 x 2) = 4
1/2x (bug attack at Ghost) x 2 STAB = (1 x 1,5) = 1,5
Final: 4 x 1,5 = 6 efficiency

Is this right?

-------------------------------------------------
Thank you very much. I will study this.
By Some Body
#168617 The STAB multiplier is only applied once, regardless of whether the target is single-typed or dual-typed.
-Bug vs. Dark/Ghost would be 2*0.5*1.5=1.5x.
-Adaptability Bug vs. Dark/Ghost would be 2*0.5*2=2x.

Also, .5*2=1, not 1.5.
JOIN THE TEAM