Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Sazibon
#168844 Recently I tested some legendary spawning in 4.2.1, and I saw that legendary spawning was more rare than spected, so I tried lowering the time of legendary spawning, the time between respawns and the spawning chance. Even seting the spawn chance to 1 (100%) legendaries didnt spawn every time they should, sometimes they spawned 4 in a row, sometimes thay took 10 times longer than expected, so I wanted to know if theres something I missing about the spawn mechanics.
Also, the wiki says that they spawn 'if it is possible for them to spawn', does that mean that a Rayquaza has the same chance to spawn in a giant or a microscopic sunflower plains biome?

By Legorkula
#168846 Don't use the wiki, use the official pages; they're much more concise.

For Rayquaza, it should spawn in ANY sunflower plains at Dawn or Dusk in the sky. See those Fearow's that spawn in a SF biome? They have a chance to be a Rayquaza spawn. The size of the biome itself typically doesn't matter, HOWEVER, If you're surrounded by other biomes, those pokemon will spawn too, meaning that there are less Pokémon spawning in the biome you want them to spawn in, so finding a bigger sunflower plains biome to find a Rayquaza would certainly speed up the process.

Typically speaking, the spawn chance is the same (at a 0.005% rate), but the size of the area can be a variable.

As for everything else, Idk.. I've not had much troubles with all the legendaries, but I've not played in 4.2.1 yet.

Edit: It might be worth noting that there is a maximum of Pokemobs on screen at once. If you hit the limit, Pokémon will no longer spawn, maybe this is why you found Pokémon not spawning frequently enough? Since they weren't despawning fast enough or something?
By Sazibon
#168848 The information I got is from the oficial pixelmon wiki, which is even linked in the webpage, the spawn chance of legendaries was changed to be a 30% probability every 2:30 minutes, not a 1/2200 spawn chance, and legendary spawns were separated from normal pixelmon spawns. Althought what you just said about the maximun pokemobs I dont think thats the problem, spawns are different even when no much pixelmon are around
By Some Body
#168849 The 1/22000 chance is what it used to be; Legendary spawning changed only recently to the new system. "Possible to spawn" just means that it's the correct biome and time. I was not the one who worked on Legendary spawning so I don't quite have an answer to the exact mechanics and intricacies about spawning.

Legorkula wrote:Don't use the wiki, use the official pages; they're much more concise.

The wiki listed at the top of this page is official.
JOIN THE TEAM