Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Smidge204
#169522 I've read the wiki's page about breeding and how using particular blocks increases the rate eggs are produced. It seems very straightforward, yet it doesn't seem to be working as I'd expect...

I'm trying to breed a Gloom, which is a Grass/Poison type, with a Ditto. According to the wiki, I can use Red Mushroom and/or Hay Bale blocks for 3 points each. In a 9x9 default breeding area, I can fit 40 such blocks (40 going to cake/wool for the Ditto). That ought to be 40*3 = 120 points right? I should be getting a "grows rapidly every day!" message?

But I can only ever get the " a tiny bit more every day!" message.

The entire breeding area has a clear view of the sky and I've tried different proportions of Mushroom/Hay blocks. Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: Worth noting that the Ditto is happy as can be; with 35 cakes to drag its butt on it just barely makes it into the "rapidly every day!" tier.

By Some Body
For dual-type Pokémon, the breeding strength values of each of their types are averaged to obtain a final value (rounded down to the nearest multiple of 0.5).
By Smidge204
Some Body wrote:
For dual-type Pokémon, the breeding strength values of each of their types are averaged to obtain a final value (rounded down to the nearest multiple of 0.5).

And there it is - a critical detail cleverly hidden in plain sight. Derp. Thanks for straightening me out!

So with only 40 blocks to work with, the maximum points for a dual type is only 60? Thank goodness I'm not relying on this :D
JOIN THE TEAM