Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Dundi
#172890 Hey guys, I started this thread so we can think towards the future of Pixelmon. So in the future we're going to have over 600 pokemon right? But a lot of us are lagging when there are over 300 pokemon. I think when we reach 600 pokemon, it might lag too much and nobody will be able to handle it. If you have a gaming computer of course, then sure! You probably will not lag. But some of us use laptops and normal computers (I use a laptop and don't lag) but still all these people go on 3.5.1 because they can't handle 4.2.5! So in the future I think we have to get something that can help us with the lag issues! Like I get lag spikes once a day but I don't really mind it! But in the future like, well I don't know, something like 4.6.8 I think there will be a lot of issues. But for now I think it'll be fine! :-)

Not saying this to be mean or any hate. Just saying maybe Pixelmon could try and make it less laggy for all those people who love Pixelmon! ;-)

-Much regards, thanks for reading.

By SnowBlitzz
#172891 Honestly I don't think the lag has anything to do with how big the mod is, it's the entities that spawn when you're playing. Say if you have the mod but only 10 pokemon are in the map overall, it wouldn't lag you but if you increase spawn rates and have a lot of them around, it will. Correct me if I'm wrong
By Dundi
#172893 I'm trying to get a point through that when we get over 600 pokemon regardless of anything we will lag, and that's a thing we could try to improve? But still that's far away from happening to what we are right now of course!
By MrMasochism
#172925 It doesn't have anything to do with how many pokemon are in the mod, just how many are on screen. Having 600 or 300 won't change anything
By FroggerTkL
#172937 People cannot handle newer updates because they require more ram to run. You need at least 2GB or more of ram to run 4.2.3+. Pixelmon cannot stay in the past forever, servers will update with every new release and the Mod will continue to grow, Even if you cannot afford or obtain the computer to play it
By JamieS1211
#172939 Also computers improve over time so by the time we get to 600 maybe better computers will be around and available to more people.
By MrMasochism
#172941 Add to that that minecraft's memory requirements increased far more than ours did in later versions and you'll see the issue
JOIN THE TEAM