Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Sevaanos
#173455 I just switched the private server my friends and family are playing on. We were using the technic launcher, but decided we wanted to come over to yours, so we could stay up to date and get all the cool new features.

We were using a bunch of mods on the other one besides pixelmon, and they would really like to have IC2 back, but I can't figure out how to install a newer version of the 1.8.9 forge so that the launcher would be able to use it. Just not sure where to install it, as every pixelmon folder i try keeps telling me that there it is missing a launcher profile. Any help would be appreciated as we love this mod.

The Pokestores are what sold us to come over most. Great addition.

By JamieS1211
#173456 So to clarify you want to use a mod that isn't supported on forge *.1722 that is recomended by the launcher?

If that is the case edit your launcher profile and you should get this

If you read on the right it informs you about how to use forge versions not on the launcher. All you need to do is head over to minecraft forge, download the forge installer jar for the version you want to use and drag that file into the space on the launcher.
By Sevaanos
#173458 Thank you, I figured out what I was doing wrong, I kept trying to use the windows installer, instead of the jar. Appreciate the help.

I just needed forge 11.15.1.1757 instead of the 1722.
By FrostEffects
#173462 Wish they'd by default supply the newer forge updates rather then the outdated 1722. 1722 has some bugs in it that screws with some of my sponge plugins as far as visuals go and were fixed in later forge releases; but by default the launcher supplies this outdated forge and this is just the example of the chaos that it can cause when some people aren't custom, or read the launcher details on how to install newer versions of forge into the launcher. Maybe one day.
By Jay113355
#173467 @FrostEffects The pixelmon launcher only shows recommended versions of forge. If your not seeing a grater version of forge then 1722 that's because forge hasn't made a new recommended version yet.
By FrostEffects
#173473 Do you know how its possible to disallow people from joining your server unless they've installed a more up to date version of forge? @jay
By Jay113355
#173483 I would say yes. Forge does send version information before connecting. Maybe someone has a mod blocker that could also check versions.
JOIN THE TEAM