Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.

Replace the animated Techne models with unanimated SMD?

92%
8%
By Isi
#174523 Linked from news.

Should we replace our older animated blocky models with our newer, fancier models, but without animation - They would then later be animated. This choice may also reflect on adding new pokemon in the future.

By GundamDragonLord
#174527 I feel that the Newer Models would be better, but I feel that there are some pokemon that have this weird sliding effect, New or Old, IDK if its just me, but I see them every so often, & I feel that the server could use a universial type update to where the pokemon are able to function more properly when in the world & when in Battles....

My answer is yes we should advance into upgrading the older models.
By Pokenerd8
#174538 if it helps the animators to relax i don't see the harm why. if anything we have better looking models of everything and animators are not not being pressured. meaning we could see more quality work than quantity
By MoeBoy76
GundamDragonLord wrote:I feel that the Newer Models would be better, but I feel that there are some pokemon that have this weird sliding effect, New or Old, IDK if its just me

Those are the models that have no animations
By Endernat
#174541 would be a great idea to exchange the old models for newer models, the mod would be much more interesting, and in question using the tcg, I certainly am very experienced and I am very anxious to have the initials of the sixth generation
By atomiczap
#174562 It looks like this is already over in a landslide, but thought I might put in my two cents anyway. The blocky-er models have never really bothered me, it is a game about blocks anyway. I get much more excited about having a larger number of pokemon in the game, as opposed to having nicer looking ones in the game. So for me (and the people I play with), we would rather the time be spent adding to the mod instead of improving models.

All that said, we love what you are doing with this mod and appreciate all of your hard work very much! So whatever makes you devs/modelers/animators happy is what you should go with!

Thanks for all the hard work!
By Creepah
#174669 Holy crap. YES. YES. And once more. YES.

I think most people can agree that we just want the smooth SMD models rather than blocky Pokémon. Especially if this allows more new Pokémon to be added, but also to replace the relatively 'bad' techne models with epic ones.

I think this is a chance that should be taken. Definitely! :-D
JOIN THE TEAM