Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By CrazyNinja
#176147 I recently started a pixelmon server (1.8.9) and I am trying to implement some of the side mods. I want to include things like EV/IV but it seems like I need a permissions manager for non-op players to actually be able to use these.

I do not know much about permissions so I wanted to know what most people are using on their servers or how they allow users to access other pixelmon side mods.

I have tried sponge but it seemed like I had compatibility issues because my server kept crashing after I started it. If I use forgeessentials it seems like I would have to downgrade my server from the more current versions. What do you all think is the best solution?

My other theory is to use command blocks so players can hit a button and have their EV/IV stats read to them but I do not know how to start on this.

Any information would be appreciated. I am pretty inexperienced when it comes to running a server so I want to learn as much as possible.

Thanks!

By IBGnova
#176167 What version of spongeforge and forge were you trying to use when you encountered the crashing? You might try the latest of both if you already haven't, and what version of pixelmon were you using? Most servers use Pex(PermissionsEx) to handle ranks and other permissions.
By JamieS1211
TheHimayLegend wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xfzw05qieblt4c4/AAABUgtcihcTgqhDVeucgSt7a?dl=0
I made a server file for people to download. Has the same exact permissions that I have on my server so if you wanna fiddle with those go ahead. Just click the start.bat

That download link can be considered as distribution of the mods involved. I would advise the removal of any code that you do not have permission to distribute.
JOIN THE TEAM