Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By IBGnova
#176845 Hello,
I have been having this issue for the past week or so. It seems like pixelmon well more specifically land pokemon stop spawning. I'm not sure whats causing this issue, but it seems a quick server restart fixes it. Any information you guys need I can provide. Also I wasn't sure if this was a bug or not that's why I posted here.

Thanks,
Nova

By IBGnova
#176848 Now it seems like they are not spawning even if I restart the server, but if I do /pokekill a group will spawn around you. Although doing pokekill wont fix the issue, it will just spawn a group around you.
By MrMasochism
#176907 what happens is if you are in the vicinity of a village the village npcs take up entity slots for land pokemon spawns. This won't happen anymore in later versions as the patch is in the beta code which is coming soon
By IBGnova
#176929 Is that version going to be the one that gets bumped to 1.10? I really don't want to update to 1.10 right now. Is there any temp fix, or anyway to cap how many NPC's spawn?

Edit: I don't think this is the cause :-/ , because the spawn rates still seem insanely low. I can stand in an open area for 10min and see only 4-5 things spawn. Here is my config. (I had spawn of psyduck, but removed it due to me thinking that was the issue.): http://pastebin.com/t8VvLx7x

Edit#2 xD: In one of my past posts you said that setting the "Max-Type"(Water, flying, Land, Underground) only changes for eligible spawn chunk. What defines an eligible spawn chunk, and does that mean if you keep getting players the pixelmon never stop spawning meaning you could have infinite pixelmon on the map with enough players?
By pio
#176930 We are experiencing the same issue, yet we dont have village spawning on anymore, and this issue happens everywhere on the map with no exception, even with higher spawn rates set.

Practically no pokemon around but when we do /pokekill around 1200 are removed. Assuming every player whos complaining has 2-3 pokemon around them, with 20 people on, where are the other 1000+ at?

If a solution is found Id also be interested in seeing it.

Edit: When using /pokekill, many pokemon spawn around us afterwards but shortly after (when killing those or changing area) the stop spawning again.
By SnowBlitzz
MrMasochism wrote:We're releasing the beta both in 1.8.9 and 1.10.2 and will keep both versions going till spongeforge is stable in 1.10.2

That'd be awesome, but don't kill support for 1.8.9! XD

Might be a good idea to release an update soon for the terrible held items bug as well
JOIN THE TEAM