Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By xKrizzy
#177865 Hi I was just wondering because since servers like Pokeballers and such have a high player count, is it worth it to put hours upon hours into creating an adventure server to realize no one really plays it? I would obviously pay for a good host, but would there be enough people to play? Would love your opinion thanks.

By KyoSohma
#177866 I find that Survival servers work best, but my personal favorites are survival servers with protected towns that have gyms, this is from my past experience playing and owning servers.
By SnowBlitzz
#177885 Depends on how the server was made. Pokeballers is famous because Lachlan is a youtuber and gives it very much publicity. For your case, if you're just starting out it would be very difficult to get players. It took us 3 months to get a stable number of 10 players back in 2013, might not be the same case right now, though.

I've put hours upon hours on my server, sometimes sacrificing IRL stuff like studies and sleep, and I'd say it's worth it. I really depends on your goal in the first place. I love seeing happy players on the server, which is why I focus much more on making the server as bug-free as possible so it's easier to enjoy.

And actually KyoSohma, I wouldn't say it does. A lot of adventure servers are successful as well. I personally own a survival one with land protection, of course so my line of thought would be that it's the best, but that should totally depend on preference.
JOIN THE TEAM