Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By pedrosenarego
#183768 Hello guys, im new to minecraft and pixelmon, ive sucessfully launched the 5.0.0 version of the game, but from my understanding is only a test version, so im trying to figure in wich version and server should i start playing since i dont want to have a reset on account!!

Thanks

By urbymine
#183773 every pixelmon version that has (beta) next to it, are test versions for the next big update. some servers use it, but a lot of them also still use 4.2.7, so it depends what server you want to play.

As for what actual server you should play, i'd say go look at a few servers yourself and compare which one you like the most. As almost everyone here would just recommend their server they play on, and i'd be no exception to that rule if my home server wasn't still being built and made. = )

few general categories of servers would be:
-remakes of the game's regions(usually you can't build on those maps)
-survival servers where you can build and have to craft things to get around.
-adventure servers: servers where you can't build and most of the time can't craft, the server usually comes with a premade self-made region for you to play in and do stuff like beating their gyms, doing quests, exploring the region they made ,ect..
By pedrosenarego
#183868 Thanks alot for your answer, that was exactly the answer i was looking! so now i have to choose what kind of server i want, thats a tough one :) i guess the adventure one will offer more freedom no? do you know if i play in 5.0 i will loose my pokemon after the beta is gone? I wouldn't mind if you point also a server where u think there is a good community!

Really thanks
JOIN THE TEAM