Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.

Which spawning method is your favourite?

51%
49%
By MrMasochism
#183945 With beta6 comes a new way of pokemon spawning. What we want to know is which way should be on by default. The old randomised system or the new levels based on distance from world spawn point.

Vote your favourite of the 2 and feel free to discuss why below. We'll leave both methods in the mod either way but it'd be good to work out which is more popular...

Poll will be open for 7 days,

MrM

By urbymine
#183954 is it possible to change the world spawn location? i'm not entirely sure what is meant by it.

on the poll, i still prefer them randomized, but both have great benefits.
By Hylia
#183978 I don't feel very fond of either really. I can't really think of an alternative though. Perhaps there could be different kinds of areas with different difficulty settings? I dunno Im dumb.
By Pokenerd8
#183980 my main issue with the level by radius is while it does make sense to start near lower level pokemon, however once you reach a certain distance all pokemon will only continue to be the same level. so going to a certain point you will only find level 100 pokemon going out
By Blackvein666
#183998 Just my opinion, but when I first started Pixelmon as a little newb, I started running around to see what kind of Pokémon there were in the game and searched for buildings. The distance spawning is very nice, but limiting - exactly what I'd want for an adventure map, but not on my default survival games. Little newb me would've been lost in 38+ Level zones and if I didn't knew it could be changed, I might just give up :/ I'd say to leave it as randomly generated by default (plus it looks more realistic to have every range of levels anywhere you go)

Also, slightly upgrading the distance required before encountering higher level Pixelmon could make up for the difficulty of early exploring when playing on a distance-based new game (Worst case scenario, players can switch it up themselves in the configs XD )
By PotatoPc
#184028 Of the two it depends if the stronger-by-distance means that you find pokemon in range of 1-[difficulty] or if it is around [difficulty] level. if its the case that the difficulty is the max level you find and that you always can find low level pokemon (just more common close to spawn), i think that would be the best. otherwise id prefer the old system.
I have another suggestion though, how about as Hylia said, that it was area specific. Each chunk had a difficulty generated from the world generation seed (thats possible, right?). to avoid having a very big contrast from chunk to chunk you add the values from all the surounding chunks and average them. kinda like a blur filter. would this be a feasible system?
JOIN THE TEAM