Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By JaySun
#187204 We fixed this problem by adding "nogui" arg to the startup script.

Example;

Code: Select alljava -Xms4096m -Xmx8192M -jar forge.jar nogui

Thanks to everyone for the help!
-----

First of all hello guys, I'm new here I just installed a couple days ago with some friends.

So what's up with the flight physic? The mount will just fall on the ground or fly super erratically. Is there some kind of code to simulate wind ? At first we thought it was some lag and the server wasn't registering space bar properly, we installed the server on someone else computer. On the wiki it says "There is no stamina, so flight is unlimited". Most of the time you bounce on the ground 2-3-4 times, then vtec kicks in and you are above the clouds, you will glide for a couple minutes then back on the ground again.

I couldn't find any specific answer on the forum including the bug tracker. I suspect everybody knows how to fix it and I just missed the answer somewhere on a forum.

(we are on 5.0 beta 9)

By Rasgnarok
#187227 Pretty sure that that's client-side lag. What have you allocated, what are you using as per server setup, etc.
By JaySun
#187642 I'm using this for server

Code: Select alljava -Xms2G -Xmx8192M -jar forge.jar

and for my game launcher I got 12gb of maximum memory

I can confirm all player on my server have exactly the same behavior when flying. It's not teleporting or lagging all around the place like rubberbanding, the mount just stop flying and slowly glide to the ground, then you have to wait like 5-7 seconds until the mount wake up and start flying again. You can rarely go above the clouds, if you're lucky you can clear the trees for a little while and that's about it.

Screenshot of my stats in the server interface

Players on the server have between 80ms and 120ms
By Jay113355
#187680 The computer running the server may not be powerful enough.
By JaySun
#187694 Image

The game is installed on that Raid0 array, which is a M.2 SSDs setup from samsung directly on the PCIexpress lane, I couldn't install a faster storage solution even if I wanted to. Maybe the CPU is a bottleneck? I'm not sure. According to the performance panel only 30-35% is used by Minecraft
By MoeBoy76
#187712 try disabling the atrocity that is the server GUI by adding "nogui" to your startup script
By JaySun
#187728 Ok nogui decreased the CPU usage by 80% and now everything is perfectly crisp. I will edit the first comment to help who ever find this post on google.
JOIN THE TEAM