Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By upinout
#191326 First off, I apologize for this big wall of text. I'm terrible at explaining things, but here I go.

So the item finder mod is obsolete due to the loot_tables feature in the new versions of minecraft. I've poured over the official wiki and searched out and looked through tutorials, but I have not found any information on how to actually get pixelmon items to show up in the chests.

I've tried many variations, setting up the loot_tables folder with the proper subfolders and all. The main issue I think I'm having is getting the loot tables to recognize the items from the pixelmon mod. I'm not sure how to get the custom loot tables to look at or connect to the pixelmon mod .

I did set the config file to use the external json files, but I'm not even sure if that's necessary for loot_tables. Since I had that setting on, I did try using the item names as listed in the drops.json file as the item names in my custom loot_tables folder, but I still couldn't get any pixelmon items to show up.

There is nothing in the official wikis about using loot_tables with modded content and I could not find any help on this topic anywhere else. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

By MoeBoy76
#191327 it would be possible for me to update but i really don't like the new code system (which is basically add a JSON parser and insert the loot via an event)

to add insult to injury, the loot_table system is actually more difficult to use and is less feature complete than the way it was prior to 1.9

all of that being said, if you have read the Minecraft Wiki page then this simple snippet should show you what to do
By upinout
#191328 thanks for that snippet, I'll compare to what I've done. One of the questions that I have had is the formatting. Like in that snippet, and many of the examples I've seen, the text is nicely formatted and easy to read like that, but looking at the .json files from the game and other mods, most of them don't have all the returns to make the layout look nice. are the formats interchangeable or should they all look like the default files from the game?

here's the modified loot_table for the blacksmiths chest. I have the it in (world save)\data\loot_tables\pixelmon\chest\"file is here" which is how the wiki describes setting it up.
https://gist.github.com/upinout/8248a2362d578fd082193cdc7d91675b
By MoeBoy76
upinout wrote:the text is nicely formatted and easy to read like that, but looking at the .json files from the game and other mods

not sure what the bit at the start is there for but your loot table will remove everything else from appearing in that chest, what i did was grab the base files from the minecraft 1.10.2 jar (since that's what we're using) and simply began adding Pixelmon items at the bottom, this will also ensure you have correct formatting
By upinout
#191341 Did you in fact set your edited jars up in the saves/(worldsave)/data/loot_tables directory?

I currently have my edited "village_blacksmith.jar" in saves/(worldsave)/data/loot_tables /pixelmon/chests and the only thing showing up in the blacksmith chests are vanilla items.

This is the code I currently have
https://gist.github.com/upinout/8eea5e865ab06dd4c380d55442f55a77

but you're saying I should just append the .jars from the base game and add the pixelmon stuff there? Should I still move the appended .jars to the saves/(worldsave)/data/loot_tables folder?
By upinout
#191354 that's the thing, I'm seeing the opposite happen, no matter what I do with the custom loot table, I get nothing but vanilla items.
I have my "village_blacksmith.jar" in saves/(worldsave)/data/loot_tables /pixelmon/chests but I'm still only seeing vanilla items.

PS, sorry I seem like such an idiot, doing this sort of stuff is way over my head to begin with, not a coder by any stretch of the definition, so thanks for the help/imput!
JOIN THE TEAM