Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By NoDGP
#192460 I am a bit lost on how to install this. I downloaded the pixelmon launcher, yet it tells me to log in to my minecraft account. I downloaded the game through the windows 10 store, and apparently that just links to my windows / xbox account - meaning I don't have a minecraft account.

I created a minecraft account on their website, but now it's telling me i need to buy a copy of the game. I tried to log in to the installer with my windows info, but that doesn't work, and using the minecraft account i just created tells me that I don't own a copy of the game.

Am I unable to use this with the windows 10 version?

By Isi
#192464 The Windows 10 version of Minecraft cannot be modded. You need to own a copy of the original, Java version of Minecraft.
By gameserjames
#192597 This may sound stupid, however, is it possible to have both the Windows 10 version and the Original Java version downloaded at the same time. We use the Windows 10 version to link and play live with our XBOX1. Thanks in advance.
By SalemAdams
#192640 Yes, it is possible. Since I already own the Java version of Minecraft, I got the Windows 10 version for free. I have both installed, but both require different things.

The Java version of minecraft (which this mod requires the use of) is only for use on Windows/macOS/Linux, and requires having a Mojang account and it's recommended to have the latest version of Java installed. This is also server-based multiplayer, but you can invite your friends via LAN or renting out a server or using VPN software (such as Hamachi).

The Windows 10 version, as you already know, requires a Microsoft account (a.k.a. Xbox account) and having a computer with Windows 10 installed.

I am able to play both versions on Windows 10, no problem, however, you must own a copy of the Java version of Minecraft in order to use this mod. This can be purchased at https://minecraft.net/ or at your local game store or (in some cases) grocery store, supermarket, or convenience store. These are game cards that you buy to own the game, and redeem at the website above.
JOIN THE TEAM