Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By gerrys0
#194197 Hello,

My son really wanted Pokémon on his iPad version of Minecraft. I searched the App Store, and found the PixelmonMod app. I installed the app on the device. I opened the app, and the only thing in it was a list of Pokemon and and a big button to make an in-app purchase for the mod ($1.99). I made the purchase and all it got me was a download link to a JAR file.

To make a long story short, after over an hour diving into the world of Minecraft mods on all the different platforms, I have concluded that this mod that I purchased from the iPad App Store will not run on an iPad.

Am I wrong? If so, can someone please help. If I am not, then PixelmonMod, even at $1.99, is being downright fraudulent. They must take the app down from the App Store at once.

EDIT: I am not interested in jailbreaking my son's iPad.

Thanks.

Gerard

By Waterdude
#194200 Pixelmon is only available for the Java version of Minecraft on a PC (Windows/macOS/Linux).
We do not have any ties to apps on the App Store, Google Play, or other mobile software distribution service which name themselves Pixelmon or use Pixelmon imagery.
The only authorized downloads for Pixelmon are found on http://pixelmonmod.com/downloads.php and the Pixelmon Launcher, which can also be found at this link.
Pixelmon will never cost money, as this would violate the Minecraft EULA.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask. I would also recommend seeking a refund for the app purchase you made.
JOIN THE TEAM