Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By HappyBivouac
#194380 I'm attempting to put together a Pixelmon based modpack for myself and a few friends. This issue concerns the Spawn of Psyduck sidemod, which I'm using for Biomes o Plenty support, but also so I can tweak spawn biomes, rarities, and level ranges of each pokemon.

The issue I'm having is that, quite simply, spawn of psyduck seems to do whatever it wants, regardless of what I do with the configs. Right now, in the pixelmon.hocon config, I've got wild pokemon levels set to scale with distance from the world spawn point. This is working, thankfully. I want to use this in conjunction with the Spawn of Psyduck's capability to specify minimum and maximum spawn levels for each pokemon, so I can have higher evolutions and more "end gamey" Pokemon only spawn far from the world spawn point, and only at higher levels. In theory, this seems like it should work perfectly.

Mainly, I've got two issues:

1) Certain biomes simply do not spawn pokemon, despite being of the biome type in which numerous pokemon are set to spawn in the config files. Weirdly, this happens with some Vanilla biomes in addition to some Biomes o Plenty biomes. Random biomes seem to work, whether Vanilla or BoP, while others do not.

2) An equally confusing issue. Pokemon are completely ignoring the spawn level ranges defined in the spawn of psyduck config. I've got Rhyperior set to spawn (rarely) ONLY at level 80+, with the intent of it being an endgame only encounter, yet I found one near spawn at level 6. I have Clefable set to spawn at level 33 minimum, yet I encountered a level 3 Clefable at spawn as soon as I loaded my new test world. Magnezone, set to spawn at 65+, spawned in at level 7. You get the idea. The list goes on.

Note that in spawnofpsy.cfg, I have set
B:useLegacy=false
This should ensure that Spawn of Psyduck is reading from the spawnofpsy-types.cfg in which I've entered spawn data for each and every pokemon.

Yet it seems to ignore whatever data I've put into the latter file. This is really strange to me, because again, pokemon ARE spawning in (some) biomes o plenty biomes, so I can safely say SoP is doing SOMETHING. I'm just not sure exactly WHAT it's doing or why it's seemingly ignoring the config. I'm certainly not blaming the mod authors, but after many hours of entering spawn data in the configs, any help to get this working would be appreciated. Thanks!

edit: to clarify, if it helps, I'm running the following:
Minecraft 1.10.2
forge 1.10.2-12.18.3.2221:universal
Pixelmon-1.10.2-5.0.1-universal.jar
SpawnOfPsyduck-1.10.2-2.3.1-universal.jar

By MoeBoy76
HappyBivouac wrote:I've got wild pokemon levels set to scale with distance from the world spawn point. This is working, thankfully. I want to use this in conjunction with the Spawn of Psyduck's capability to specify minimum and maximum spawn levels for each pokemon, so I can have higher evolutions and more "end gamey" Pokemon only spawn far from the world spawn point, and only at higher levels. In theory, this seems like it should work perfectly.
2) An equally confusing issue. Pokemon are completely ignoring the spawn level ranges defined in the spawn of psyduck config. I've got Rhyperior set to spawn (rarely) ONLY at level 80+, with the intent of it being an endgame only encounter, yet I found one near spawn at level 6. I have Clefable set to spawn at level 33 minimum, yet I encountered a level 3 Clefable at spawn as soon as I loaded my new test world. Magnezone, set to spawn at 65+, spawned in at level 7. You get the idea. The list goes on.

This will not work, when using that setting Pixelmon ignores the predefined levels completely, this is not an issue with SoP it is a feature of Pixelmon.
HappyBivouac wrote:Mainly, I've got two issues:

1) Certain biomes simply do not spawn pokemon, despite being of the biome type in which numerous pokemon are set to spawn in the config files. Weirdly, this happens with some Vanilla biomes in addition to some Biomes o Plenty biomes. Random biomes seem to work, whether Vanilla or BoP, while others do not.

please be more specific, which biomes have no spawns? have you added any spawns? more information is needed as not every biome has been preconfigured and not all Pixelmon have been preconfigured.
HappyBivouac wrote:Note that in spawnofpsy.cfg, I have set
B:useLegacy=false
This should ensure that Spawn of Psyduck is reading from the spawnofpsy-types.cfg in which I've entered spawn data for each and every pokemon.

Yet it seems to ignore whatever data I've put into the latter file. This is really strange to me, because again, pokemon ARE spawning in (some) biomes o plenty biomes, so I can safely say SoP is doing SOMETHING. I'm just not sure exactly WHAT it's doing or why it's seemingly ignoring the config. I'm certainly not blaming the mod authors, but after many hours of entering spawn data in the configs, any help to get this working would be appreciated. Thanks!

edit: to clarify, if it helps, I'm running the following:
Minecraft 1.10.2
forge 1.10.2-12.18.3.2221:universal
Pixelmon-1.10.2-5.0.1-universal.jar
SpawnOfPsyduck-1.10.2-2.3.1-universal.jar

This makes the rest of your issues make sense, the Types config is not yet fully complete, i will verify this when i get the chance but in the meantime, you should be using the names config and specifying what biomes to use
By HappyBivouac
MoeBoy76 wrote:This will not work, when using that setting Pixelmon ignores the predefined levels completely, this is not an issue with SoP it is a feature of Pixelmon.

This makes the rest of your issues make sense, the Types config is not yet fully complete, i will verify this when i get the chance but in the meantime, you should be using the names config and specifying what biomes to use

This clarifies a lot of stuff. Thanks! Seems like as things are now, I'll have to accept the occasional rank 3 evolution and such in low level areas. That's fine.

As for which Biomes weren't working, I recall a Roofed Forest M not spawning anything, but I was planning to take note of more of them when I got home from work today. That also may just be a byproduct of Minecraft's own spawning system, and no fault of the mod(s). Not sure.

I did encounter one more bizarre issue. Again, not sure if it's a bug in Pixelmon or caused by SoP. As I was flying around, I noticed at far z coordinates around 10,000+, I would literally only see Pokemon with names starting with the letter A. Tons of Ampharos, Aerodactyl, Aipom, Altaria, Aggron, Abra, Alakazam, etc. everywhere. I did set all of those Pokemon to spawn in the wild, but the odd thing is there was absolutely nothing else spawning. I'd see plains biomes with nothing but Ampharos, forest biomes with nothing but Aggron, etc.

As it is, I'll go ahead and find another route to go with this Pixelmon setup. Just thought you might want to know about that odd issue I encountered.
JOIN THE TEAM