Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By PikachuPlaysBlockGam
#198918 I'm working on making a Pixelmon server and was wondering about something. I want the gym leaders (NPCs) to have a set level cap, so that you can only challenge them if no pokemon on your team exceeds a certain level. For example, the first gym would have a level cap of 20, and so if you challenged with a full level 20 team, the battle would begin. If possible, I'd also like to make it so that it requires you to have disabled leveling on your Pokemon (can be done on the pokemon's profile, right near nicknames.) I was told something I could do was make it so that upon challenging a gym, it makes it so the gym pokemon are the same level as your own, but this won't do it for one reason. Earlier gyms like the first have unevolved pokemon like omanyte. What happens if someone challenges the first gym with a team of fully evolved pokemon or legendaries, and they've ended up sweeping through just because the team has unevolved pokemon? It isn't fair that way, and I want to make sure the gyms are difficult. But if I make it so all gyms have fully evolved pokemon, then it's unfair to earlier challengers and forces players to not challenge the gyms until much later once they've already gotten better pokemon. I want it to easily be a part of the game anyone can enjoy without being too easy or too hard, and a level cap system is perfect. But I don't know if one exists and, if so, how to access it. Anybody have any idea?

JOIN THE TEAM