Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By mychabo
#204220 Hello there, I have a bit of a problem.

I saw online that you need to fish in Lava in a Desert Biome, so I treid it to no success. I've been fishing for over an hour now with all three available Rods but couldn't get a single Red Shard, I tried having Groudon on my team, but that doesn't help either. Is there any requirement the lava pool needs to meet? I'm kind of frustrated about it. Thanks for your help!

By XpanD
#204224 Red shards are currently broken due to a file oversight -- they're set to be fished in water, but are in the lava loot file.

If you want to fix this now, the quote below (from the Discord, worth joining -- way more active!) should help. This is for Technic, but the process should be similar on other launchers.

XpanDYesterday at 14:17
for Technic, go to MODPACKS > Modpack Options > Open, open the config folder, open the pixelmon file in a text editor, search for useExternalJSONFilesSpawning, set that to true, save, close the game, re-launch, click Open again, open the pixelmon folder, open spawning\fishing\loot and replace the Lava file with this one:

This is the file you'd need: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... t.set.json

With a bit of luck, this will be fixed proper in the upcoming update. It may be worth waiting until then -- the process above is pretty involved, and you'll likely want to turn it off again in the future as the files will not automatically update between versions anymore. (removing them does force the game to create new ones)
JOIN THE TEAM